Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! 'Phone' App disappeared after Jailbreak. Cannot make calls now.

Default Help! 'Phone' App disappeared after Jailbreak. Cannot make calls now.
    I have an iPhone 3g upgraded to 4.1, and Windows 7.

Last night I decided to jailbreak my phone (finally), and I used this page to do it..

How to Jailbreak 4.0 iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2g on OS X/Windows

After doing everything, I noticed the phone app has disappeared. I had my fiancé call me and I can still receive phone calls, I just have no way of making them. Also the internet is not working on it now either, at all.

I noticed after this, that my phone was upgraded to 4.1 and not 4.0. Was that my issue? Should I restore the backup I made before the jailbreak and then somehow downgrade, before I can jailbreak?

(and if so how do I downgrade?)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Your issue is that you used a old version of redsn0w. You need the version meant for 4.1 which can be found here: Dev-Team Blog

You will also need the 4.1 firmware to put into redsn0w.
    You will have to restore and do the process again with the new version of redsn0w.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Aftermathmatical (2010-11-21)

I just went to Itunes to restore from backup, and it said it cannot because a session could not be started. Forgive for being new at this, is there another way to backup or a redsnow backup to get back to the way it was so I can do what you just said?

Thanks

You will need to go into recovery or dfu to restore first. For dfu, connect your iphone to your computer and open itunes, then hold the power and home button for exactly 10 seconds then release the power button while still pressing the home button until itunes recoginizes it. Then you can restore it to 4.1 again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Before I do this.. will it erase all my info and pics and contacts? Or will it do that and then I can backup from pre-jailbreak status?

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermathmatical View Post
    Before I do this.. will it erase all my info and pics and contacts? Or will it do that and then I can backup from pre-jailbreak status?
    Yes it will but you can first sync it with iTunes first and backup then restore from backup

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Well I still have the backup from before I even jailbroke it. Are you saying backup from that, or back it up now while jailbroken?

Realized I couldn't back it up from Jailbroken anyway the way it was, and doubled checked that my backup was from pre Jailbroken status, and now I'm restoring it. I'll post again what happens.

Another Q I had was where to get the firmware for 4.1 to use redsnow latest version on (and latest redsnow IS redsn0w_win_0.9.6b2 right?)
    Last edited by Aftermathmatical; 2010-11-21 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Redsnow 0.9.6b3 just came out today but b2 will work just the same. Just do a quick google for iPhone firmware and you should find it. There are a few sites that have them.