Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Jailbreak 3g

Default Can't Jailbreak 3g
    hey guys!

I have a little problem with my Iphone 3g. When I first bought the phone it was already jailbreakd. When i got home i upgraded the phone to IOS 4.0 with Redsn0w.

after six months I found out that I would delete all the apps that were on the phone.
    So i reset my iPhone to factory settings

Settings> General> Reset> Erase All Content and Setting

When i did this i lost my jailbreak and I do not know what software/IOS that was originally on the phone since I bought it unlockd. what to do?

My Iphones Serial number: 86849Y5AY7H
    Number 4 and 5 in the serial number (49 in this case) is the week. and i know it is from 2008.
    which means that it is from December 2008. What IOS was on Iphone 3g December 2008?

please reply !!
    Last edited by Zetmex.Iphone; 2010-11-07 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Yes, you can restore to custom fimware build by Pwnage tools 4.1.2 or Snowbreeze 2.0.2 ( do not hacitvate while buiding ). Once you have the custom firmware, put your iphone into dfu through the tools of Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 (PC) or Pwnage tools 4.1.2( Mac) and then shift + restore to custom firmware.

When running redsn0w , check only the box ( put my iphone into DFU ) and nothing else. Do not jailbreak with Redsn0w or you will be locked out.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-07 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Darksecrets (2010-11-11), Zetmex.Iphone (2010-11-07)

please, can you give me a more accurate explanation, or a step by step walkthrough. I didn't understood a word of your first explanation. What you'r trying to say is:

Download: Snowbreeze 2.0.2
    Redsn0w 0.9.6b2

how should I use Snowbreeze?
    should i use Snowbreeze before or after RedSnow?

You said "and then shift + restore to custom firmware", do you mean in iTunes?

Ok, i have downloaded:
    - Snowbreeze 2.0.2
    - Redsn0w 0.9.6b2
    - iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore (IOS)

Pleas give me an good walkthrough

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Use Snowbreeze to create a custom firmware of 4.1 , don't go for 4.0, too lag and iphone freeze.
    So download the 3g, 4.1 ipsw instead of 4.0
    You can also run ireb 4.1 to put you into dfu mode and then shift + restore to custom firmware