Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery drain with cydia apps?

Default Battery drain with cydia apps?
    Hello,

Today my iPhone 3G died after 6 hours of light usage, whereas it usually last for about 2 days if its barely used.

This phenomena actually occurred after I installed a few Cydia apps. The apps I am running are:

- SbSettings
    - Backgrounder (no program selected/running)
    - Winterboard (no theme installed, just the "dim wallpaper" and the "no dock" are selected)
    - BossPaper (only one background is selected)
    - Lock Calendar (Calendar on my lock screen)
    - Five dock
    - Five Column
    - MyWi (not in use)

Does any of these consume that much of battery power? The phone was about 90% in standby and dies within 6 hours. Which one of these apps would be the killer?

Thank you guys
    Last edited by Akeef2k6; 2010-10-31 at 03:40 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

None. You didn't mention the FW version or what led up to this issue.

BTW: BossPaper is a stripped-down Winterboard --- and not needed with Winterboard. I suggest using one or the other -- not both. For minimal memory usage (aka: max performance) on your 3G, use BossPaper.

If all else fails, I would start again with a fresh install/jb, checking battery consumption after installing one or two. None of the apps you mention have any noticeable battery effect.

Also, starting at 90%, then dead in 6 standby hours is not normal, even with everything enabled (push, email fetch, etc). Are you installing apps from an official Cydia repo or a cracked app site?
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-10-31 at 03:51 AM.

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I am using 3.1.3

All the apps are from Cydia itself. Only MyWi is a cracked version from another source. It was the last one I installed maybe something is wrong with that one?

I actually restored/set as new and jb only a few days ago.

Is there going to be a big performance loss if I use Winterboard only for the "Dim Wallpaper" and "no dock" function? No theme. I use one static background.

I have switched to BossPaper but the Icon labels on the springboard are somehow greyed out so you can barely read them depending on the wallpaper that is in use. With Winterboard the icon labels were simply white. BossPapaer is absolutely fine if there werent the problem with the font color.

Thank you guys.
    Last edited by Akeef2k6; 2010-10-31 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akeef2k6 View Post
    ...Only MyWi is a cracked version from another source. It was the last one I installed maybe something is wrong with that one? ...
    I am sorry but I can no longer help you. Cracked app and/or support is not allowed on MMI.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-10-31 at 11:48 PM.