Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Seriouly...what gives...more issues..help please

Exclamation Seriouly...what gives...more issues..help please
    You may want to read THIS thread for how it all started.

Well my issues are still happening. It is much less frequent now, but still happening. Today, again I had to use my Navigation and was met with a phone stuck rebooting over and over. After about 30 minutes it finally came to ready. Before this I did re-jailbroke after a fresh restore via iTunes (4.1). I didn't enable multi-tasking and have no multi-tasking apps installed. I only have the 3G so I am not going to take those chances anymore. My issues seems to be set off when trying to run my Naviation apps, I assume it because they are memory hogs. I even close all open processes in SbSetting and free up my memory too with no help.

BTW, I never had issues with 3.1.3 running any Nav apps, and I have been jailbroke since I first got the phone.
    Any suggestions? should I try another method of jailbreak?

Thanks
    Last edited by tjlmbklr; 2010-10-25 at 03:08 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

As always, I suggest you to restore back to 3.1.3 and stay at the firmware. Speed and Performance for 3g is at its best at 3.1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    As always, I suggest you to restore back to 3.1.3 and stay at the firmware. Speed and Performance for 3g is at its best at 3.1.3.
    So this is the real answer? I can't see being subjected to 3.1.3 because something in 4.1 doesn't play well with 3G. What if I were not Jailbroke and on 4.1, would this make a difference?

Default Just a little bump!
    Sorry, I am looking for more advice. I hope rolling back (if I even can) isn't my answer.
    Last edited by tjlmbklr; 2010-10-28 at 08:55 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

No, it will not make any difference whether you jailreak at 4.1 or you are with stock 4.1. Jailbreaking does nothing more than gaining access to the roots system.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

tjlmbklr (2010-10-31)

Well I did another restore via iTunes, then I jailbroke it again. This time I didn't restore any backup from previous. So far it seems to perform better, but only time will tell. I also decided not to install Winterboard and not have a wallpaper except for on the lock screen and of course, not multitasking. I figure all of these thing use memory.

So, lesson learned, 8GB, 3G was a bad purchase. If I decide on another iPhone I will definitely go bigger.

Not enough Ram on the 3G. Lags hard. You can always delete launch daemons.

On my iPhone 3GS no daemons deleted = 150MB Free, than 168MB Free with SBS Setting Free up memory.

DAEMONS DELETED = 163MB Free, Than 177MB Free with SBS Setting free up memory

Quote Originally Posted by nitrogen521 View Post
    Not enough Ram on the 3G. Lags hard. You can always delete launch daemons.

On my iPhone 3GS no daemons deleted = 150MB Free, than 168MB Free with SBS Setting Free up memory.

DAEMONS DELETED = 163MB Free, Than 177MB Free with SBS Setting free up memory
    How do you delete DAEMONS?

Search cydia for Daemons

Please thank me on site

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Eyetattoo (2010-11-05)

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    Search cydia for Daemons

Please thank me on site
    For some reason I cannot find it on cydia.......

use snowbreeze its much better IMO. I had constant problems with red snow.