Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsn0w 0.9.6b1 or mobilesubstrate is buggy!

I just updated to 4.1 then JB using redsn0w. I keep getting bumped into safe mode. I'm assuming that this is why. So the solution is to JB with sn0wbreeze then? I made a custom firmware and tried to shift+restore but it was just stuck on verifying. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sabresfan08 View Post
    I just updated to 4.1 then JB using redsn0w. I keep getting bumped into safe mode. I'm assuming that this is why. So the solution is to JB with sn0wbreeze then? I made a custom firmware and tried to shift+restore but it was just stuck on verifying. Any suggestions?
    Run Ireb 4.1 first to help you to go into DFU mode and then it will ask you to shift + restore to Snowbreeze 2.0.2 custom firmware of 4.1

This thread and my thread should be merged together:

http://modmyi.com/forums/native-ipho...accessory.html

It is most likely the same problem, as the same solution worked.

Just wondering... Have they fixed this yet??

EDIT: and this thread http://modmyi.com/forums/redsn0w/733...-charging.html
    Last edited by stuntsy99; 2010-10-25 at 06:07 PM.

what is iReb 4.1????????

iReb puts your idevice into a state where it will accept the custom firmware.

Has anyone tested the new redsnow b2?

Edit:
    Well no one has replied so I tried it myself and all things seem to be working for me at the moment with redsn0w 0.9.6b2. On 4.1, of course. It has fixed my problems, so I would suggest the OP try and do the same.
    Last edited by stuntsy99; 2010-11-04 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntsy99 View Post
    Has anyone tested the new redsnow b2?

Edit:
    Well no one has replied so I tried it myself and all things seem to be working for me at the moment with redsn0w 0.9.6b2. On 4.1, of course. It has fixed my problems, so I would suggest the OP try and do the same.
    Thanks for the comment...I think I'm gonna use redsn0w...i was disputing it because there are so many people saying they ran into errors or it was too buggy.

Hi, i have a 3G on 4.1. It was JB with redsn0w and unlocked with ultrasn0w. a few days ago, when i updated ultrasn0w, it also updated mobile substrate and crashed the phone. it entered in a boot loop. I restored to 4.1 custom made with snowbreeze but now when i try to install ultrasn0w (that also comes with mobile substrate) the phone crashes every time it tries to install mobile substrate.
    I saw in this thread that many had a similar problem. Is there any solution to the problem since i need the unlock because i'm with a different carrier...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12