Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help with iphone 3g

Default Please help with iphone 3g
    i had iphone 3g unlocked with 3.1.3 and then i upgraded to 4.0.1 and jailbreaked and unlocked it. however after doing this like many of you this really slowed down my phone. now i want to upgrade to 4.1 and jailbreak/unlock. is there a way to do this using redsnow or some other software. if there is please send me instructions.
    or is better to just downgrade back to 3.1.3 and jalbreak/unlock that?

please help

thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Use sn0wbreeze to create a 4.1 custom firmware (you'll need a stock 4.1 ipsw). Then shift+restore to the custom fw you built in sn0wbreeze.

If you don't need to unlock, simply upgrade to 4.1 and run Redsn0w 0.9.6 on it.

If you do need an unlock, sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 is the way to go. Run into any errors during the restore, just use iReb to bypass.

If you would prefer to go back to 3.1.3, simply dl a stock 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 ipsw, shift+restore to it, then use Redsn0w 0.9.4 or jailbreakme to jailbreak. If you run into any errors during this restore, use TinyUmbrella to bypass (kick device out of recovery mode option).

Edit: only need 3.1.2 ipsw if you choose redsn0w.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-11 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost