Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone destroyed?

Default Iphone destroyed?
    I tried using blackra1n for my 3gs 3.0 and it gave the guys picture and would not turn on. I then downloading purplera1n and with xp and an older itunes I was able to turn my device on. I had both blackrain and freeze. none of them opened thought. So I tried using redsn0w 0.8 and everything was working fine. I hit finish, and I got this script runnin on iphone and it says ERROR! in the end. now It will not turn on. I can go to recovery mode. the phone just shows apple logo then dies again. Please help

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You have applied jailbreaks over and over again. What you need to do now is a restore to 3.0 but I doubt you have 3.0 shsh blogs.
    Check what shsh blogs do you have and you can only restore to the firmware of the shsh blogs you have.

I tried looking for blobs but couldnt find any, I just upgraded it to 4.1 and will sell it, and go buy an unlocked one instead lol. Such a headache tho,

There is no other way from what I was able to research, the phone was never jailbroken so no shsh were saved. Thankfully the guy I bought it from left the SIM card in so I could activate it right when i plugged it in. hopefully I can sell it by tonight.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

No problem , good luck.
    Oh, if you get another one make sure there is shsh blogs not 4.1 but anything lower on the front page of Cydia, or else you will end up like this situation again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

coffinhead (2010-10-08)