Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbroken Iphone 3g lost ability to phone or accept phone calls

Unhappy jailbroken Iphone 3g lost ability to phone or accept phone calls
    I recently used redsn0w to jailbreak my iphone 3g with the update 4.1 and have just realised the green PHONE icon has gone from my homescreeen also when people or i try to call someone i cant hear or they cant hear me so it seems to be disabled??? whats going on here can u help me solve this??

Same thing happened to me. The only fix is to restore via iTunes. While connected to iTunes, hold down the power and home buttons. Screen should go dark. Then release the power button while continuing to hold the home button for about 20-30 secs. Then release the home button. iTunes should then recognize the iPhone and ask if you want to restore. Allow the restore, then you have to reload everything.

can we jailbreak after restoring it?

Don't know yet. We should be able to with what I'm reading from the dev team.

the phone app not apearing is becouse you used the old version of redsn0w thats does not support 4.1
    there is a new version 0.9.6b1 its beta and only for mac at the moment and it does work

but if you requier ultrasn0w to unlock
    1: it does not work with new baseband
    2: also it seems not compatible with 4.1 (i have 3g with custom firmware and no baseband upgrade and it does not work keeps searching for network and lags the ios really bad while searching even tho ill try again with other custom firmwares)