Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsn0w 3.1.3 problems (2G)

Default redsn0w 3.1.3 problems (2G)
    Hi, I recently got a new unlocked iPhone 4 and was planning to give my 2g away. I had it unlocked on T-mobile on 3.0.0. I had reset it, but once it restarted to turn back on it got stuck at the pineapple/apple loading screen. I decided it needed a restore so I followed one of the many guides to update it to 3.1.3 with redsn0w. Whenever I get to the 'finish' screen, however, the iPhone displays a series of colorful lines in random patterns: and looks like the screen is going crazy. I'm not quite sure what is wrong, but could it have to do with the fact that when I restore it to 3.1.3 official firmware, I have no SIM card installed? Do I need to activate the phone legit when it restores to 3.1.3 before I jailbreak/ unlock with redsn0w, and if so can I use one of those cheap iPhone unlock sim cards to do so? Thanks for any help!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Restore your 2g to the latest 3.1.3 and run redsn0w 0.9.4 from Energency screen again . You need BL3.6 & BL 4.9 too, just follow the guide in this forum
    Oh you need 3.1.2 Ipsw as well to run redsn0w

You mean 3.9 and 4.6? I used those, along with the IPSW 3.1.2. I followed the guide exactly and tried about 3 times. The iPhone restores fine whenever I restore it to 3.1.3 OFW but it's not activated anymore because there is no SIM in it. I think that may be the problem because the guide isn't working for me. After redsn0w says 'finished' the iphone won't turn on and itunes crashes. When I reopen itunes it says the iphone is in recovery mode.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Sorry, you are right 3.9 and 4.6, did you check unlock and don't check already pwned. I have jailbroken 2G many times, all of them successful.
    I remember those days, I have to virginize the baseband and all sorts of things at version 1.0.2...it was a nightmare to do all those ...Hahaha.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-15 at 11:33 PM.

I've tried checking unlock and not checking already pwned... no luck. I'll keep trying, but I'm not in a huge hurry so it's all good. Thanks for the help haha