Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsnow stops after final reboot?

Default Redsnow stops after final reboot?
    Good day all!

I'm in serious need of help here...

I just bought an Iphone 3G off ebay unlocked and jailbroken. So I got this great idea to update it thru Itunes to the latest OS! WRONG, now my iphone can't be activated without the original sim, which I don't have.

So, I decided to download REDSNOW. I could'nt find the ISPW, so I downloaded this: iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw.

Everything works until the phone reboots, and than, the iphone does not load normally, it goes back to the ACTIVATION REQUIRED again!

Please help, I've tried blackra1n as well, but it is stuck on running! I've read that a fix for that is to put the iphone in airplane mode, but I can't, because I can't access my phone: NOT ACTIVATED

Thanks everyone!

A 3G can be downgraded to 3.1.2 with no problems. Download the 3.1.2 firmware for 3G, and then restore to it with iTunes (left shift + restore), when it's done you'll get an error, just use rec boot or something like that to kick it out of recovery, and you have a 3G on 3.1.2, then use blackrai1n to jailbreak and unlock. I've done this with my 3G a few times.

Hey! Thanks for your fast reply. Is that still possible if my Itunes is only showing: The sim card in this phone does not appear to be supported.

I don't have any other option in itunes under the iphone tab??

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If you updated to 4.1 then redsn0w does not support it yet which is why you are not getting activated. Also you probably just lost your unlock since even though the iphone can be downgraded to 3.1.2/3.1.3 by putting it in dfu mode the baseband cannot so you will not be able to unlock again.
    You can also use pwnage tool (mac) or sn0wbreeze (windows) to create a custom 4.0 firmware , put the iphone in restore mode and restore to that. But again you won't be able to unlock anymore until a new unlock comes out.
    Your only hope for unlocking again is if you do downgrade and jailbreak go into cydia and download an app called fuzzyband. A small percentage of iPhone 3G can downgrade baseband as well as firmware, run fuzzyband to see if yours is one of them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

uncleberryfield (2010-09-12)

Ok! I understand that I will have to downgrade the iphone. How can I do that if I can't access it in Itune or on the phone itself because it says: Require sim activation...

Thanks.

Thanks

I just told you. You need to put it in recovery or dfu mode...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ok cool! So in other words, with windows, press shift and select this file OS 3.1.2 for 3G?

And then I should be able to access my iphone without having to activate it? Sorry, just trying to understand.

Thanks!

Thanks

After restoring to 3.1.2 you will have to jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.2 or blackra1n. Either of these tools will activate the iphone for you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

From what I am reading, you only went as high as 4.0, in which case, you should be okay after downgrading. Connect your iPhone, and power off. Then press and hold the sleep/lock button for 3 seconds, then continue holding it and press and hold the home button, so now you are holding home and sleep/lock, do that for ten seconds, then, let go of sleep/lock but continue holding home, for up to 30 seconds. Screen should be blank, and itunes will say something about a phone in recovery, downgrade to 3.1.2, then use recboot after your error. now you have a phone that says it needs activation. use blackra1n or similar jb program, then you should be able to use ultrasn0w for unlock. hope you get it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CeeDiggity For This Useful Post:

uncleberryfield (2010-09-16)

''then use recboot after your error''

What is this? Thanks for the good explanation, i appreciate it, and i'm glad to hear i might be able to use my iphone again!!!

Recboot is a program to get iPhone out of recovery mode. Tiny umbrella will also do that. Either one will work. After you downgrade, you'll get an error message, 1014 or something like that and iTunes will say it could not complete the restore. It actually did finish, so just use a program to get out of recovery and then jailbreak. Good luck!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CeeDiggity For This Useful Post:

Hey!

I did everything you guys told me to do! Downgraded to 3.12, then with redsnow, started the jailbreak, everything was working fine til the final reboot!!! Then, nothing came back with the same picture on Iphone, ''please plug in to Itunes'' WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? THANks, in desperate need of help...

Dude, restore back to 3.1.2 again if you have to and use a different tool. Use blackra1n. I never had that problem. I also always jailbreak with the phone plugged into computer. I don't know why redsnow keeps doing that.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CeeDiggity For This Useful Post:

Ceeiggity, sorry...GODDDD!!! Thanks, it worked! I don't know why blackra1n was'nt working before, but this morning I tried again (switch itunes off, run as admin and in xp) and boom! Now, i read a bit how to unlock, it seems a bit easier...!!

Thanks, really appreciate your help, you made my day!!!

I had this problem a while ago when i got my 3g with redsnow. Turns out it was the IPSW i downloaded. Got a different one and it jailbroke smoothly. And the ipsw was from a link
    In a guide on how to jailbreak!

Good point Liamwalsh21. Uncleberryfield I'm glad you got your phone working! I had to learn all of this the same way you did, so make sure if you can help someone else you do. Enjoy all that jailbreaking can do!

Default blacksn0w / ultrasn0w
    Hey guys,

I unlocked with blackra1n, everything looks fine. I install cydia, and blacksn0w.

1) blacksn0w, installs and does the unlock BUT it does'nt seem to work...I make sure I disable the 3g first too, but not unlocking?

2) Cydia has the sub process NODATA1 NODATA2 error, could this be the reason why?

3) Ultrasn0w doing the same thing as blacksn0w...

???

Thanks!

Thanks

Do not use blacksn0w and ultrasn0w together. I recommend just using ultrasn0w. Uninstall both, reboot, then install ultrasn0w then reboot again.

done, but not working...

Could it be that i'm running the wrong baseband? Should i get 11 07 05?

Or could it be the cydia NODATA error?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast