Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone 3g 4.0.2 downgrade to 4.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default IPhone 3g 4.0.2 downgrade to 4.0
    I have read several post and thought that I had it figured out. First off I have never jailbroken before so hopefully I'm asking a simple question. A couple of weeks ago I updated my phone to 4.0.2 through itunes. I have Iphone 3g and downloaded redsnw 0.9.5b5-5 and attempted to jailbreak it and when I get to the screen in redsnow that ask to select the corresponding IPSW for my current hardware I click browse and can't find any of the files in the 4.0 download from this site to be in the IPSW format. I am just wondering how to find the IPSW files so redsn0w will recognize them. Thanks in advance for the response

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miami64 For This Useful Post:

djsenz88 (2010-09-14), Dude63674 (2010-09-09), Trebosh (2010-09-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Internet explorer downloads them as .zip so you can either change the extensions from .zip to .ipsw or redownload using a different browser

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Miami64 (2010-09-04)

I have the same problem and I have done that, I actually use firefox and I still get this problem.

Thanks

I use google chrome on my PC and they seem to download fine

I just got my new iPhone 4 two days ago and I was able to jail break it in less than 6 minutes.

By the way, I didn't have to pay for the phone. If you want a free iPhone 4, just follow the instructions in the link below:
    Get your officially unlocked iPhone 4, a Macbook Pro, Xbox 360 Elite, iPod or an iPad for Free

At the beginning, I was skeptical but when I got the phone delivered to my house, I was shocked.

Hey i am having the same problem hopefully someone can help us. My iphone was jailbroken/unlocked via 4.0 but my kinda updated it and now its at 4.0.2 and I don't think she saved her SHSH file into cydia Does anyone know if you can still downgrade to 4.0.1 or 4.0? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

If you have an iPhone 4 and never saved your SHSH then you are probably out of luck. If you have a 3GS there is a good chance you have SHSH and just dont know it. You can try my guide here to check and downgrade if you do:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html