Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak my 3gs 4.0.2

Default jailbreak my 3gs 4.0.2
    Is there a way to jailbreak the 3GS 4.0.2 yet? If so please let me know what I need to do? If not will there be a jailbreak for it soon?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bryonjones2 For This Useful Post:

Ruben6111 (2010-08-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

No jailbreak for 4.0.2. If you have your 4.0.1 shsh on file you have hope.

Pretty sure that link it bogus. You might have a chance when Snowbreeze 2.0 is released.

hey pplz

due to the insane stupidity of a younger brother my iphone went from jailbroken on 3.1.3 to not jailbroken on 4.0.2
    after reading all day and trying just about everything i can see im going to be stuck here for a while, i was just wondering if anybody has heard anything about a 4.0.2 jailbreak comming anytime soon?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Yeah, the above link is a Scam, Snowbreeze 1.6 is to create a cfw of iOS 4.0 and only works on 3GS old bootrom. New bootrom can never accept Custom firmware and even if it did , like version 1.7, it would be a tethered jailbreak.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-08-24 at 05:09 AM.

well guys yesterday i tried downgrading the tiny umbrella way and it didnt work.
    i also tried various other ways found online all with no luck
    this morning just for the hell of it i tried again using tiny umbrella and it worked :/ at first i wasnt sure why and then i realized that i had edited the host file last night.
    im not sure if i was supposed to do that from before but i did it and followed theses instructions: How to Downgrade iPhone 4.0.2 to 4.0.1
    and im jailbroken on 4.0.1 hope this helps

Yes it was scam, I`ve tried both blackra1n and snowbreeze 1.6 on Iphone 3GS iOS 4.0.2 new bootrom and it didnt work. I guess all we can do is wait for snowbreeze 2.0 release !

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you know your stuffs well, once you read the contents of the website, you can tell whether it is a scam or not.