Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mms problems on 2g

Default mms problems on 2g
    hi im new here. i used redsnow and jailbroke my iphone 2g. how do i get mms to work ive tried looking for activatemms but cant find it, im running on 3.1.3 and all i find info on is for 3.1.2.

ok i downgraded to3.1.2 and ive loaded native mms. i now have a camera in messages and can take a picture, but when i send out the mms it doesnt go through, is there something im missing in my settings. any help is aappreciated

R u on AT&T? Or tmobile make sure the network settings are correct. I can search it mms network settings. Also in general go to network and you will see a reset button reset the network and reboot that should turn on the mms on a 2g

im on att and i tried the reset and rebooted the phone and same issue
    any other ideas

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer1976 View Post
    im on att and i tried the reset and rebooted the phone and same issue
    any other ideas
    Did you try to manually enter the settings?
    ok 3 things you can d in cydia look in ifonetec and there is a download called enable mms on iphone 2g. down load that and reset the network again. you should see the camera by now. but before you think you are done go back into the setting and enter this if it is not already there

Cellular Data
    APN: wap.cingular
    username:
    password:

APN: Wap.cingular
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
    MMS Max Message Size: 614400

these are the correct setting dont reset but reboot and you should have it working
    I am beginning to miss my original 8 gb aluminum back ! i love my white 32gb 3G S but i think it is sick !!!!

Does anyone know the correct settings for tmobile mms apn? I have data plan and am using native mms 2G with the following settings:

APN: internet2.voicestream.com for Cell and MMS
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/ms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

At first I used as MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms, but I was not able to send or receive photos. I changed it to mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/ms/wapenc and I was able to send, but still cannot receive. I note that some online guides have different APNs for cell and mms, but as long as they are different, the mms APN setting will not save and becomes blank on reboot.

Any help to resolve sending and receiving mms would be appreciated.

Cool

yertil u tried it and when i would reboot the iphone i would lose the wap.cingular in the apn on mms.
    when i try to send it the progress bar makes it almost all the way to the end then sits there for like 30 secs and then i get the red ! next to the pic.

pioneer1976, did you reboot after you returned to network from making changes to apn? Just a thought. Good luck.

Cool