Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Push Notifications problem with redsn0w

Default Push Notifications problem with redsn0w
    I used redsn0w to jailbreak at 3G and now the push notifications don't work. The weird part is that they worked for a few days after jailbreak and stopped. Not sure If it is jailbreak related or not. Any ideas? This is really ruining a lot of my apps usefulness. Thanks in advance

Which version of Redsnow, there were some problems with the b3 version. I would rejailbreak with the b5 version, even if that is the one you used, just uncheck Cydia since it is already on the phone, and uncheck anything else you don't want. 3 minutes time should fix problem. Good luck

Is there a step by step guide for doing this anywhere?

Actually, yes I am sure they have them here as well, just do a search for Redsnow.
    I went to Redsnow at this address and the program is fully self explanatory
    redsn0w 0.9.5 BETA [iPhone Dev Team]
    But they also have it here at Modmyi.com under downloads.

Do if my phone is already jailbroken and I want to jailbreak again, do I need to unjailbreak first? Or just jailbreak my already jailbroken phone?

If you used Redsnow last time, you can re-do without restoring

Ok.let me ask one more clarifying question. I am jail broken already. Do I just backup and jailbreak again? I think that is what you said but want to be clear.

one more question (I know I said that already). I have not updated to OS4. I'm still on 3.1.3, Does that change instructions or can i still use redsn0w 9.5b?

P.S. I don't want to upgrade to OS4.