Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CUSTOM FW 4.0 install fix?

Default CUSTOM FW 4.0 install fix?
    Hey i have an iphone 3G/S 3.1.3 that is locked meaning i cant get access to it because i forgot the password. i was wondering if i downloaded a custom firmware 4.0 and restore/shift and directed toward the 4.0 custom fw would it unlock the phone hence break the passcode and Jailbreak?! please help meeeee!! and supply a good custom 4.0 link pleasee. ily guys

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Sorry but nobody can supply a link to custom firmware. It is not allowed.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

ok but can u help me out with the other question i posted?

Put it on dfu mode and restore as "new" and you'll be all set

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous_clown View Post
    Hey i have an iphone 3G/S 3.1.3 that is locked meaning i cant get access to it because i forgot the password. i was wondering if i downloaded a custom firmware 4.0 and restore/shift and directed toward the 4.0 custom fw would it unlock the phone hence break the passcode and Jailbreak?! please help meeeee!! and supply a good custom 4.0 link pleasee. ily guys
    Your only option to get rid of the password is to restore to 3.1.3 if you have the shsh blogs on file with Cydia. Add this line to your hosts file
    CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    save it and reboot.
    Put your iphone into recovery mode
    Then do the shift + restore to 3.1.3
    If you end up with error ineligible for the required build, then you are screwed.
    If you end up with error 1015, then you are good to go and then post by your result and either me or someone else will help you to proceed further.

Don't use Custom firmware, there are two factors why you cannot use CFW, one is you have used Spirit, second is because you don't know if you have the new or old bootrom.