Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck on "waiting to reboot"

Default Stuck on "waiting to reboot"
    Well after finally getting my phone into DFU mode, redsn0w did it's thing... with the jailbreaking files and all that... but it seems stuck in "waiting for reboot." The tracker isn't filling in at all and I'm not sure how to start this up again. This happened to me before (earlier today) so I closed out of redsn0w, reopened and started the whole process again. Stuck on "waiting to reboot." Anyone have any suggestions for how to finish the jailbreak process?

I have a 3GS on 4.0.1...

Thanks!

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

When doing the dfu mode step don't let go of the home button until the phone screen shows the jailbreak happening.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Default Still having the problem
    Thanks for the reply. I just went ahead and tried that, but ran into the same problem. I kept the Home button down through the first stage, then the second... the phone screen remained black and redsn0w is definitely still stuck on "waiting for reboot". Do I need to continue to hold the home button until the process is completely finished and the "Finish" button is enabled? Or am I being too impatient and the "reboot" is taking longer than expected (i.e., no obvious "completion" of any portion of reboot for several minutes as far as the tracker is concerned) Thanks for the continued help.

Also, the phone (at least according to iTunes) is still in restore mode. That's correct, right?

Thanks

You will know when you can let go of the home button, the phone screen will get a image on it that says jailbreaking amongst other terms. Patience...lol The jailbreak is not happening on the pc it happens on the phone. You hold the button pass the point of what the program on the pc is doing.
    Last edited by Captinsmooth; 2010-07-24 at 11:51 PM.

i just jailbroke my iphone3g yesterday using spirit and downloaded a few apps.Today my phone won't let cydia open up.It shows that its loading then just goes back to my apps on my phone.Is there anyway to fix this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigerjack1981 View Post
    i just jailbroke my iphone3g yesterday using spirit and downloaded a few apps.Today my phone won't let cydia open up.It shows that its loading then just goes back to my apps on my phone.Is there anyway to fix this
    Restore and rejailbreak.

do i restore from the settings menu on my phone

should i sync it again
    Last edited by tigerjack1981; 2010-07-25 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

do i restore from the settings menu on my phone

should i sync it again
    No put it in dfu mode and restore from new on itunes.

or do i retore it on itunes

i hate to sound stupid but what is dfu mode
    Last edited by tigerjack1981; 2010-07-25 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

or do i retore it on itunes

i hate to sound stupid but what is dfu mode
    Use the search feature on this site it will help you greatly. How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Captinsmooth For This Useful Post:

tigerjack1981 (2010-07-25)

i guess it will update to 4.0 not go back to 3.1.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ktdances View Post
    Well after finally getting my phone into DFU mode, redsn0w did it's thing... with the jailbreaking files and all that... but it seems stuck in "waiting for reboot." The tracker isn't filling in at all and I'm not sure how to start this up again. This happened to me before (earlier today) so I closed out of redsn0w, reopened and started the whole process again. Stuck on "waiting to reboot." Anyone have any suggestions for how to finish the jailbreak process?

I have a 3GS on 4.0.1...

Thanks!

Hey sorry I just noticed that you are on a 3gs, there is no way for you to jb your phone right now.

i guess it will update to 4.0 not go back to 3.1.2
    iPod Touch 1G – Windows
    Last edited by Captinsmooth; 2010-07-25 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Captinsmooth For This Useful Post:

tigerjack1981 (2010-07-25)

Thanks

thanks
    No problem.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ktdances View Post

I have a 3GS on 4.0.1...

Thanks!
    3GS on 4.0.1 cant be jailbroken. 3GS on 3.1.2/3 and 4.0/1 do not use Redsn0w. Thats why.

I've got a 2G on 3.1.3 (04.05.04 baseband) and I have the same problem. Just bought this off some cat on eBay and the problem is that after a couple of seconds of home+power button holding the phone turns off and no matter how long I hold the home button down by itself it won't turn on again and redsn0w is elft waiting for the device to reboot.

I've tried it like 10 times already. No matter how I time it, it just wont turn on again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kellogg's View Post
    I've got a 2G on 3.1.3 (04.05.04 baseband) and I have the same problem. Just bought this off some cat on eBay and the problem is that after a couple of seconds of home+power button holding the phone turns off and no matter how long I hold the home button down by itself it won't turn on again and redsn0w is elft waiting for the device to reboot.

I've tried it like 10 times already. No matter how I time it, it just wont turn on again.
    You need to have the phone off when you start to put it in dfu mode. Also you can just use spirit to jb your phone if you are on 3.1.3, it is much easier to use. Www.spiritjb.com

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    You need to have the phone off when you start to put it in dfu mode. Also you can just use spirit to jb your phone if you are on 3.1.3, it is much easier to use. Spirit
    Ofcourse the phone was off. Just in case I tried it even with the phone on.
    What I meant was, I start holding down the power button: Apple logo comes on, then start holding home+power and after like 6-7 seconds a white horizontal line appears very briefly on the screen, I let go of power, keep holding home and a healthy phone would restart in DFU mode but my new one doesn't.

Spirit won't work for me because I need it unlocked (no AT&T in Estonia).
    Last edited by kellogg's; 2010-07-26 at 04:46 PM.

See if you can kick it out with Firmware Umbrella, it has an option for that, do a search here at modmyi for it and instructions.

I've gotten to a point where I can't even restore the phone through iTunes. It gets stuck at "preparing iPhone for restore" and a 1603 error. I've tried 3.0 and 3.1.3.

So I'm currently in recovery mode.

Update'd iTunes and managed to get it to work on 3.0

So at the moment, I'm content. But maybe if iTunes was the problem then maybe I'll try to UL/JB 3.1.3 too.
    Last edited by kellogg's; 2010-07-26 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost