Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak worked, but Cydia crashes.

Default Jailbreak worked, but Cydia crashes.
    Just jailbroke my iphone 3g (FW 3.0) using redsn0w. friend gave me the phone since he just got the new iphone, so the thing's been stuck in "no sim" the whole time. i tried putting my (t mobile) sim in, and that doesn't affect the cydia issue.

what's happening is that when i tap the cydia icon, it opens the top and bottom horizontal grey bars, but then immediately disappears. is there something i'm supposed to do to get cydia to work?

i re-jailbroke once already and that didn't solve the problem. i have also rebooted the iphone to no avail.

help? i need cydia to work so i can unlock the phone and start using it on tmobile.
    Last edited by the87th; 2010-07-21 at 06:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'd restore and re-jailbreak.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Happened to me before. Usually is caused by colliding apps or downloads that didnt finish installing properly or just dont work well together. Restoring, rejailbreaking, and restoring from back up will always bring back the problem. Be sure to set up phone as new after the restore before rejailbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Happened to me before. Usually is caused by colliding apps or downloads that didnt finish installing properly or just dont work well together. Restoring, rejailbreaking, and restoring from back up will always bring back the problem. Be sure to set up phone as new after the restore before rejailbreaking.
    ok, i'm going to restore back to 3.0 here: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

and jailbreak with redsn0w 0.8

UPDATE:

since the above didn't work and meerly brought me back to the same state i was in earlier, i followed the directions here: http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-4.0.1-with-redsn0w-iphone-how-to-guide/, and it worked great!
    Last edited by the87th; 2010-07-22 at 09:08 AM. Reason: update stuff