Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iPhone 4.0.1 iOS with Redsnow

can u pm me how to do it? or is it fairly simple? Does my phone need to be plugged into the laptop? I'm an idiot when it comes to this!!!HELP!!

I have Iphone 3g 4.1 looking to jailbreak what should i do? please understand i have never dont this and Im not familiar with the terminology.. i am looking for a step by step guild on how to do this the easy was I have currently dl tiny umbrella and saved my SHSH and I have dl redsnow I am currently dl IPSW- 4.0.1.
    Im downloading IPSW- 4.0.1 to try to downgrade to 4.0.1 so i can just use jailbreakme.com site. is this a good way or is there a better way of doing this? thanks in advanced.

Just use RedSn0w 0.95b5 but when it asks for the ipsw use 4.0 not 4.01
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Alright. I recently jailbroke my iphone using jailbreakme.com on my iphone 4. I had the firmware 4.0.1 and heard it was still possible to jailbreak. my home button was broke and i needed an app to replace it so i wasted no time. I did the online jailbreak and it loaded exaclty how they said it would. the cydia app was added to my home screen and i immediately opened it. It said i needed the 'Essential Upgrade' package to work so i figured they werent lying so... i dwnloaded it. It did its magic and after it finished it told me to reboot my phone. I was etstatic until the phone did not reboot!!! It got stuck on the apple logo and never started i almost killd myself. I waited and never came on. I resulted to recovery mode, which didnt work. the phone would recover(using the updated 4.1 firmware) but wouldnt start. the phone's loading bar(upon rebooting) would go halfway and cut off, the screen would go back to the recovery sign(the itunes plug in screen). Itunes would tell me my iphone could not be recognized refer to ATT for service. I would try to install my old firmware(4.0.1) in dfu but that gives me error code 3694 or sumthing. DO U GUYS KNO ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP ME??? I am a college student who really needs this fone for organization, fun, etc. I would appreciate it and would send free gifts in the mail.... well not really but yall get the point. I REALLY NEED SUM HELP ON THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by thecramps View Post
    source, Jailbreak iPhone 4.0.1 iOS with Redsn0w [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

Just head over to redmondpie.com an the guide is easy!
    Alright. I recently jailbroke my iphone using jailbreakme.com on my iphone 4. I had the firmware 4.0.1 and heard it was still possible to jailbreak. my home button was broke and i needed an app to replace it so i wasted no time. I did the online jailbreak and it loaded exaclty how they said it would. the cydia app was added to my home screen and i immediately opened it. It said i needed the 'Essential Upgrade' package to work so i figured they werent lying so... i dwnloaded it. It did its magic and after it finished it told me to reboot my phone. I was etstatic until the phone did not reboot!!! It got stuck on the apple logo and never started i almost killd myself. I waited and never came on. I resulted to recovery mode, which didnt work. the phone would recover(using the updated 4.1 firmware) but wouldnt start. the phone's loading bar(upon rebooting) would go halfway and cut off, the screen would go back to the recovery sign(the itunes plug in screen). Itunes would tell me my iphone could not be recognized refer to ATT for service. I would try to install my old firmware(4.0.1) in dfu but that gives me error code 3694 or sumthing. DO U GUYS KNO ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP ME??? I am a college student who really needs this fone for organization, fun, etc. I would appreciate it and would send free gifts in the mail.... well not really but yall get the point. I REALLY NEED SUM HELP ON THIS ONE
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-09-23 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12