Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lime Green Screen..Won't even restore

Default Lime Green Screen..Won't even restore
    Few days ago I upgraded my iphone 3g to ios4. After 2-3 days I couldn't turn on my phone and when I connected it to my pc, it stucks on lime-green screen. Now It doesn't even turn on if disconnted from pc. I've tried to restore it but itunes shows error # 1604. Any help will be appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Error 1604: This error is often related to USB timing. Try changing USB ports, uninstalling and reinstalling USB ports, and other available USB troubleshooting steps (troubleshooting USB connections, device not recognized properly, computer won't recognize a FireWire or USB device). If you are using a dock, bypass it and connect directly to the USB 30-pin dock-connector cable. If the issue persists on a known-good computer, the device may need service.

If the issue is not resolved by USB isolation troubleshooting, and another computer is not available, try these steps to resolve the issue:

Connect the device to iTunes, confirm that the device is in Recovery Mode. If it's not in Recovery Mode, put it into Recovery Mode.
    Restore and wait for error 1604.
    When prompted, click OK.
    Close and re-open iTunes while iPhone remains connected.
    iPhone should now be recognized in Recovery Mode again.
    Try to restore again.
    If the steps above do not resolve the issue, try restoring using a known-good USB cable, computer, and network connection.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

I've tried to restore it from other computers but same thing happened. My iphone doesn't even show recovery logo when itunes shows the message that it is in recovery mode. As i mentioned before it only shows lime green screen if conneted to power source otherwise it don't even turn on.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    Error 1604: This error is often related to USB timing. Try changing USB ports, uninstalling and reinstalling USB ports, and other available USB troubleshooting steps (troubleshooting USB connections, device not recognized properly, computer won't recognize a FireWire or USB device). If you are using a dock, bypass it and connect directly to the USB 30-pin dock-connector cable. If the issue persists on a known-good computer, the device may need service.

If the issue is not resolved by USB isolation troubleshooting, and another computer is not available, try these steps to resolve the issue:

Connect the device to iTunes, confirm that the device is in Recovery Mode. If it's not in Recovery Mode, put it into Recovery Mode.
    Restore and wait for error 1604.
    When prompted, click OK.
    Close and re-open iTunes while iPhone remains connected.
    iPhone should now be recognized in Recovery Mode again.
    Try to restore again.
    If the steps above do not resolve the issue, try restoring using a known-good USB cable, computer, and network connection.
    This sounds like it should be stickies mods! But it sounds as if it were completely copied from another website ^.-

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plama001 View Post
    I've tried to restore it from other computers but same thing happened. My iphone doesn't even show recovery logo when itunes shows the message that it is in recovery mode. As i mentioned before it only shows lime green screen if conneted to power source otherwise it don't even turn on.
    Sounds like a possible hardware issue if it won't even turn on without power.

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    This sounds like it should be stickies mods! But it sounds as if it were completely copied from another website ^.-
    Amazing what people could figure out themselves with a simple google search.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Quote Originally Posted by plama001 View Post
    I had the same problem, took it to a diff outlet w/ a diff cable, tried rebooting several times, it eventually came back on when I continually held the power Down for about 1 minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    Stop asking for threads to be stickied! We read the threads. We also understand that users will start new threads no matter what we do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had this problem, to fix it I just held Power + Home for 7 seconds until the phone turned off, then held both for about 3 more seconds, then released home, and one second later released power, and it worked and turned on Maybe try that, and if it doesn't work just hold home and power until it completes a reset cycle and hopefully it works