Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak iso4 mc model

Default jailbreak iso4 mc model
    i have an 8GB ipod 2G MC model an i updated it to 4.0 official firmware bt wnt 2 jailbreak is it possible an if it is wat should i use? plz leave links

I have the same model - I've searched high and low but there doesn't seem to be a way to jailbreak 2g MC models if you have already upgraded to iOS4 before jailbreaking.

I guess the only way would be to downgrade to 3.1 but I am still trying to find a way to do that.

Any pointers anyone?

I GOT THE SAME ITOUCH AS YOU..8GB 2G MC MODEL !!
    plus i got the same problem.. i updated to iOS4, dont like it and cant downgrade it
    I looked everywhere for solution but never got it apart from knowing some few facts (below) which i got it from some other site..

''You can't just downgrade. Apple starting signing all the firmware files a while back and you can only load a firmware on your ipod touch if you have the shsh blobs on file somewhere from when apple was signing your firmware. This is usually done with Cydia but can be done with Tinyumbrella as well. For example:

You buy ipod touch and it comes with 3.1.3 firmware. You will NOT be able to downgrade to anything lower than this firmware.

You buy ipod touch and it comes with 3.1.3 firmware. You can upgrade to 4.0 just fine but will NOT be able to downgrade to 3.1.3 firmware.

You buy ipod touch and it comes with 3.1.3 firmware. You jailbreak it and save the shsh blobs to your desktop computer using Tinyumbrella. You upgrade to 4.0 and decide that you don't like it. Since you have the shsh blobs on file, you can downgrade to 3.1.3.

Currently Apple's servers are only signing 4.0 firmware. So if you upgrade to 4.0 make sure that you jailbreak it and install Cydia which will allow you to save the shsh blobs to Cydia's servers. Then if you ever upgrade beyond 4.0 and you want to go back, it will be possible to redirect the firmware verification to go to Cydia's server instead of apples. This is done by modifying your hosts file.

You should just really read up on downgrading ipod touch firmware. It's not as simple as just downloading a file and pointing itunes to it.

What is the model number of your ipod? Get it from the ipod OS not whats written on the back. ''

Site: Downgrade 2g iPod Touch from 4.0 Error 3194 - Mac Forums

Default Solution. Works 100%
    Solution

Follow the video link which i made..and you will be able to jailbreak your itouch 8 gb MC Model.

JailBreak - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut-IATGQp7k]YouTube - Easy [Jailbreak] for all iDevices on 4.0 & 4.0.1[/ame]

Enable Multi-Tasking & the Background - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=japkC5v6Rf4]YouTube - HOW to Enable Multi-Tasking & Wallpaper on iOS 4 for iTouch 2nd Gen[/ame]

Hope this helps