Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrading 313

Default upgrading 313
    hi i just rejailbroke and unlocked my 2g running 1.1.3...its now running 313 perfectly unlocked. heres the issue.. i have a 3g that is already jailbroke and unlocked running 3.0 baseband 4.26.08. is there a way i can update to 3.1.3 WITHOUT losing jailbreak/unlock? and possibly preserve my baseband? i had a friend who tried to jailbreak a 3g yesterday with redsnow and blackra1n but it didnt go well...had to pay someone to downgrade to 312. so as u see, im worried about messing up the process. i know some programs do not run well together. so for those of u who have successfully upgraded please give me instructions and or let me know the programs u used! thanks!

Hi,

For 3G you can't really preserve the unlock, since it's a cydia package, but you can preserve baseband, just use PwnageTool and create a custom firmware. btw, why are you upgrading to 3.1.3? It adds nothing to 3.1.2... Oh and regarding to your friend, there's absolutely no problem with jailbreaking iPhone 3G 3.1.3 with redsn0w, the only thing is that you have to point a 3.1.2 ipsw, and blackra1n won't work.

Regards,
    doublenach