Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs 3.1.2 Stuck on Safe mode

Default Iphone 3gs 3.1.2 Stuck on Safe mode
    Hello guys first of all please excuse my ignorance. I have a locked iphone 3gs 32 gig runing 3.1.2 that i tried to jailbreak using redsn0w after it was done, it got stuck on safe mode. i tried restoring the 3.1.2 firmware again but itunes give me an error. any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by djtimsah View Post
    Hello guys first of all please excuse my ignorance. I have a locked iphone 3gs 32 gig runing 3.1.2 that i tried to jailbreak using redsn0w after it was done, it got stuck on safe mode. i tried restoring the 3.1.2 firmware again but itunes give me an error. any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
    Did you save your blobs (ECID\SHSH) on Cydia or Local?
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

i came across the same problem. i didnt save my Blobs at all. It was jailbroken and unlocked 3gs 3.1.2 and then i rebooted, then its stuck on safe mode, i cant restore at all from redsnow or itunes to the same firmware or even to 3.1.3. Help?

No this was a locked and not jailbroken AT&T phone that was 3.1.2, so i followed the instructions on how to jailbreak iphone 3gs 3.1.2 with resn0w and as soon as it was finished, the phone turned on with the itunes logo (recovery mode). I tried to restore it with 3.1.2 from itunes but i get an error message.

Introduction: In order to restore an iPhone 3G[s] you'll have to have the Apple Sign for the wanted Firmware, the sign is given while you are trying to restore to the latest firmware ONLY! In order to avoid the Apple process, you can backup those signs for the firmwares and use them when needed. Those signs are the BLOBS\SHSH on file, all the world talking about.
    Anyway,
    If you have no blobs saved on Saurik server or Local, then there are two options,
    1) TRY to use iReb from iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones to get it kicked of recovery mode
    2) assuming you're jailbroken properly (By Blackra1n \ Sn0wBreeze \ PwnageTool) you can upgrade to Custom 4.0 firmware made by Sn0wBreeze 1.6.1 or PwnageTool 4.01. which should work just fine.

Hope could help,

Quote Originally Posted by djtimsah View Post
    No this was a locked and not jailbroken AT&T phone that was 3.1.2, so i followed the instructions on how to jailbreak iphone 3gs 3.1.2 with resn0w and as soon as it was finished, the phone turned on with the itunes logo (recovery mode). I tried to restore it with 3.1.2 from itunes but i get an error message.
    Try to run RedSn0w with 3.1.2, UNMARK install Cydia, and MARK 'Boot Tethered'.
    Last edited by drmias; 2010-06-30 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

djtimsah (2010-06-30)

is there any harm if i try one and it doesnt work, then try the second option? My phone was previously jailbroken by another person, and he said that if i restart, then id lose everything...phone accidentally rebooted and now its in recovery...is it still jailbroken or not? No huh? i technically have no firmware right now? any way i can just use 3.1.2 and jailbreak it again and just get my phone working? i hear 4.0 people are having some problems with the 3gs

Well, you lost NOTHING! the only problem is that since the phone has new bootrom and is JailBroken, then you have to boot it up using the PC or Mac! Only Boot it! NOT ANY FURTHER! so all you have to do (Fastes, most Efficient) go to RedSn0w, load the 3.1.2 IPSW, when asked if you have the later 3G[S] press YES, then select ONLY the box with BOOT TETHERED NOW and remove the marks from other boxes!
    Click next, and your iPhone will boot up.

Do it and you'll press Thanks!
    be aware that you'll have to do this procedure every time you power your device off, but you will never lose nothing due to this process, this is only to boot you device up.
    Last edited by drmias; 2010-06-30 at 09:14 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

djtimsah (2010-06-30)

i downloaded the beta redsnow and tried to load the ipsw but it says its cannot load it. What version of redsnow should i try? ill Pm you. Thanks for everything

0.9.4 should be fine

let me give it a shot. Thanks for the quick replies

Thanks a lot drmias, I will try it when I get home and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    Introduction: In order to restore an iPhone 3G[s] you'll have to have the Apple Sign for the wanted Firmware, the sign is given while you are trying to restore to the latest firmware ONLY! In order to avoid the Apple process, you can backup those signs for the firmwares and use them when needed. Those signs are the BLOBSSHSH on file, all the world talking about.
    Anyway,
    If you have no blobs saved on Saurik server or Local, then there are two options,
    1) TRY to use iReb from iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones to get it kicked of recovery mode
    2) assuming you're jailbroken properly (By Blackra1n Sn0wBreeze PwnageTool) you can upgrade to Custom 4.0 firmware made by Sn0wBreeze 1.6.1 or PwnageTool 4.01. which should work just fine.

Hope could help,

Try to run RedSn0w with 3.1.2, UNMARK install Cydia, and MARK 'Boot Tethered'.
    Got it to work by reruning redsn0w and unmarked install cydia thank you so much for your help I now need to upgrade to 3.1.3 and unlock it cuz cant do with that tethring crap with redsnow lol thanks again
    Last edited by djtimsah; 2010-07-01 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost