Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3Gs ipsw ok in iTunes but not OK in Redsnow

Default 3Gs ipsw ok in iTunes but not OK in Redsnow
    Hi All,

i'm confused...trying to JB a 3Gs...updated to 4.0 ipsw with itunes but when i try to use redsnow to JB it does not recognize the 3Gs 4.0 ipsw. What am I doing wrong here?

I'm pretty sure its a 3Gs bc I tried to use spirit to JB and it showed the devise as a 3Gs. (i learned afterward that i can't use spirit)

i'm stuck in the "connect to itunes" logo so i cannot check my firmware version or bootrom. I can put it into DFU mode with no prob to load the ipsw in itunes.

i've tried updating with the 3G ipsw in itunes...that loads ok but when i use redsnow i get stuck on the "waiting for reboot" screen. I've tried every method i can find to get past the reboot phase.

any help would be great.

thanks
    cadman

Does the new redsn0w even support the 3GS at all?
    No signature spam

Quote Originally Posted by option View Post
    Does the new redsn0w even support the 3GS at all?
    i dont think it does yet.

Default help...3gs-itunes restores 4.0 ipsw...redsnow will not recognize
    can someone shed some light on this....

i just restored my iphone 3gsusing the latest 4.0.ipsw (thru itunes)...that process went smoothly. Now i'm trying to jailbreak using redsnow (0.9.5b-5) with that same 4.0.ipsw but it says "unable to recognize ipsw".

i'm not able to check the FW version or bootrom because i'm stuck in "connect to itunes" screen. I can put it in DFU mode with no problem. I'm pretty sure its a 3gs because i tried to JB with spirit early on and it showed that a 3gs was connected.

I've tried 3 versions of redsnow and blackra1n.

What am I doing wrong here?
    thanks
    cadman

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cadman33619 For This Useful Post:

emoghadas (2010-07-02)

As others have mentioned a 3GS iOS 4 compatible version of redsn0w has NOT yet been released.

IF you have your SHSH on file for 3.x downgrade to the iOS 3.x (stock), run redsn0w, then restore a PwnageTool IPSW.

If you don't have your SHSH on file for 3.x you're out of luck for now.