Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G & redsn0w :: No 3G / MMS / Tethering / Carrier version / etc? LOOK Here.

Default iPhone 3G & redsn0w :: No 3G / MMS / Tethering / Carrier version / etc? LOOK Here.
    July 1 edit: new redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 is OUT and should fix APN/MMS/tethering problems. The following becomes moot if you use redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5. Thanks, dev-team!

Most 4.0 JB on iPhone 3G problems should be solved by following this procedure:

1. Restore to stock 4.0 (not GM, but final version), setup as new phone (i.e. do not restore a previous backup)

2. JB using redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 (link below). Check to see if problems persist, they should be gone. Cydia has a blank icon, get on Wi-Fi and run it, it will update itself. Now unlock if you must, I never need unlocking so don't ask :-)(iBooks is not working now, so there's Step 3)

3. Run redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4, unselecting Cydia just for convenience (so you won't lose 10 minutes waiting for it to re-update/re-configure itself etc)

Please report back with results. Better yet, use the Thanks button.
    :-)

0.9.5b5-3 : YouShare - redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-3.zip - Important Files by mansoorahmedzia
    Last edited by mikeutter; 2010-07-01 at 10:46 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeutter For This Useful Post:

100h4x (2010-06-29)

Works like a charm, i just did the first step and it solved my deal, i have the 3GS without an option to JB yet, but it still fixed my MMS and other stuff. Thanks.