Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no mms after 4.0 jailbreak with the newest redsnow HELP PLS!!!!!

The settings should come down automatically from the provider, but on my 3GS which I assume is the same, you go to :

Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network

and put in the details from here:

Carrier APN Settings - ModMyi - Wiki

No i dont have those settings. Well PHUCK. im stuck. and fustrated. thanks for trying to help thou. I dont understand why it wouldnt work when the b5-5 should of tooken care of this problem.

No option for cellular data?

Which network are you on?

Take a look at unlockit.co.nz via your iphone before you give up

at&t...I think it showned when i was unjailbroke. when i jail broke i lost that option plus the tethering toggle.

OK, well just go to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone and you'll be fine

Okay i got it installed. I still dont see cam button on my messaging.

Checked the settings? The option for changing the cellular data settings should have appeared now as per above.

Tethering option should be there too now.
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-06-30 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mikeutter View Post
    Strangely, No. Unchecking means "do nothing Cydia related: if it was installed, fine, leave it." I agree with you, it is confusing. In other words, it does not act like a toggle the way, say, "Verbose Boot" option acts.
    Thanks Mike, everything worked perfectly and I'm back to a fully functional iPhone.

One last question.....I don't have Cydia now. Am I out of luck? Will another JB this time with the Cydia checked screw everything up again? I like all of the "benefits" having Cydia offers, but I like having a functioning phone more.

YW.
    And no, I don't think so. I'd just download latest redsn0w (0.9.5b5-5 as of this writing), and leave Cydia selected, and re-jb. This is from dev-team's wiki page (emphasis mine)

The latest redsn0w beta should fix any APN or MMS issues that users were seeing. It's safe to re-run it on an already jailbroken iPhone without restoring…just deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that.

i'm still trying to get my mms working. i can send but not recieve gives me the resluotin message.. does anyone know how to fix this.. i dont understand how u jailbreak twice??

i was having the same issues after jailbreaking my 3g with os 4.0 but i did it again using Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 and it seems to have fixed it..good luck all

This was exactly my problem, and exactly my solution. Many thanks.
    It's taken 2 days for my registration email to come back to me so I could post this up, but I felt it important to say thank you.

Regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by pexcom View Post
    This was exactly my problem, and exactly my solution. Many thanks.
    It's taken 2 days for my registration email to come back to me so I could post this up, but I felt it important to say thank you.

Regards
    Greg
    Pleased it worked. I can't take the credit though!

I used a downloaded custom firmware, rather than redsn0w, which presumably came from the Mac program as I had no problems myself with MMS after the upgrade.

Another solution is to rejailbreak with sn0wbreeze...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12