Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G or EDGE not working on iOS4 - iPhone 3g - redsn0w

Default 3G or EDGE not working on iOS4 - iPhone 3g - redsn0w
    Hi,

I've successfully updated my iOS to 4.0 with redsnOw. After that I restored by data and files from iTunes. Everything is working great, except the fact that I cannot use 3G or EDGE to go on the internet, only Wifi. Does anyone know what might be the problem ?

Had the same problem here... had to reinstall a clean ios4 in Itunes to get the data connection back.

*edit*I fixed it:

After installing a clean iOS4 in Itunes, I set it as a new Iphone instead of restoring from backup. Then synced my contacts and apps, and jailbroke it again using redsnow. The data connection works without any issues so far.

I suppose something created a conflict in the backed-up info.
    It sucks to have to re-set everything... but then there's the sweet satisfaction of having a fonctionnal jaibroken iphone.

Let me know if that works for you!
    Last edited by WingHack; 2010-06-27 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WingHack For This Useful Post:

lmilanko (2010-06-28)

Do you know how to fix this problem with a 3g unlocked on T-mobile?

i have same problem. any help will be wellcome. also cydia doesn't work properly(winterboard doesn,t work

I have exactly the same problem.
    Do I really have to re-install everything from scratch or is there another way of activating the Data Network?

Chris

I've sorted mine now, just needed to change a few settings
    Last edited by djwoodyuk; 2010-06-28 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by lmilanko View Post
    Hi,

I've successfully updated my iOS to 4.0 with redsnOw. After that I restored by data and files from iTunes. Everything is working great, except the fact that I cannot use 3G or EDGE to go on the internet, only Wifi. Does anyone know what might be the problem ?
    i'm working on it. I will let you know later if it work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by djwoodyuk View Post
    I have exactly the same problem.
    Do I really have to re-install everything from scratch or is there another way of activating the Data Network?

Chris

I've sorted mine now, just needed to change a few settings
    Hi!
    It happened to me too, can you please help me on this.

Default Solution
    How to Setup an iPhone 3G / 3Gs on T-Mobile | Blog of Adam K Parker

THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR QUESTION ARE HERE/ YOU HAVE TO CONFIGURE YOUR NETWRK SETTINGS/ HERE ARE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS / AND TO FIX THE MMS PICTURE SENDING PROBLEM

I jailbroke and unlocked my iphone 3G with ios 4.2.1 and BB 06.15 and everything worked great since I only had a voice and txt t-mobile plan. Now I switched to a prepayed t-mobile plan (which I strongly recommend) that has data (edge). I can't get data to work. It works fine on WiFi but not edge. I am positive I have all the Network setting configured perfectly. I have been able to figure out everything else on this phone by reading and hacking around but I am stumped. Please help me. Thank you.

john, i had the data problem, but long ago found unlockit.co.nz get on wifi and navigate on your phone with safari to there and choose t-mobile as your carrier. problem is that you have prepaid and the configuration is different for the data profile i believe. let me know if it works. bt, sometimes when you put a prepaid card into an iphone the network data settings dissapear, if not, you can always configure it manually like so: (just use unlockit, this may be outdated)

Cellular Data:

APN: wap.voicestream.com

MMS:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    Last edited by kissy; 2011-11-14 at 10:49 PM.