Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroke but now MMS is gone 4.0 FM

Default Jailbroke but now MMS is gone 4.0 FM
    does anyone have any info on this? when its restored back to stock format, MMS is back on the phone, when you re-jailbreak MMS is no longer there.

i did the update through itunes, now im assuming thats bad?
    Last edited by AE Motoring; 2010-06-25 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just got my MMS to work after multiple attempts at it. What version did you use and for what phone? I have a 3G and used both 0.9.5b5-3 and 0.9.5b5-4. I found that on version 0.9.5b5-3, that if you uncheck battery percentage that will keep MMS enabled. I actually had both wallpaper and battery percentage unchecked, however I never had wallpaper checked every time I jailbroke it. I think that enabling the battery percentage is what causes the MMS issues. Try it and let me know what happens for you. But I'm pretty stoked to have mine finally enabled again and jailbroken!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdominguez2007 For This Useful Post:

AE Motoring (2010-06-25), mxm5054 (2010-06-26)

this was on the iphone 3g and with redsnow 09.5b5-4, imma try unchecking the wallpaper cause i use custom wallpaper anyways and dont really need the percentage thing either. ill try it out and check back

I also set mine up as a new phone. I'm not sure if that actually matters or not, but it was one of the things I read to try(but it didn't actually help about the first three times I tried).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdominguez2007 For This Useful Post:

AE Motoring (2010-06-25), Steelers6 (2010-06-29)

i re-jailbroke it with the 09.5b5-4 and disabled the wallpaper and percentage battery, and MMS is still not there. i dont have the 0.9.5b5-3 i tried searching for it, but cant get it anywhere, most links are broken

here's where I got my copy from: Jailbreak iOS 4.0 iPhone 3G, iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

restore your phone and jailbreak it with that disabling wallpaper and battery percentage and setting up as a new phone(not from a backup).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cdominguez2007 For This Useful Post:

AE Motoring (2010-06-25)

ok thanks man, i downloaded the 0.9.5b5-3 and i am in the middle of restoring it back to factory and gonna re-jailbreak with the 0.9.5b5-3.

dood it WORKED!! your the man!! seems like the 0.9.5b5-3 is the better way to go. I have no cydia icon picture though, lol the icon is there, but its not brown, just white. But ill try to figure tha one out, lol Thanks for everything man. I appreciate it very much
    Last edited by AE Motoring; 2010-06-25 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

That's awesome....as far as I know I'm the first to solve the MMS issue haha! 0.9.5b5-3 doesn't solve the iBooks problem. You MAY be able to rejailbreak with 0.9.5b5-4 and fix it, but I guarantee nothing on that. I don't use iBooks, so it didn't really matter to me.

i got the icon to work, just updated the cydia in cydia it is brown again lol, thanks again

yea i dont use ibooks either lol
    Last edited by AE Motoring; 2010-06-25 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am having the same issue using 09.5b5-4.. I am going to try 0.9.5b5-3 as well and see how it goes... whats the difference between the two releases?
    Last edited by ChargerSublime; 2010-06-25 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerSublime View Post
    I am having the same issue using 09.5b5-4.. I am going to try 0.9.5b5-3 as well and see how it goes... whats the difference between the two releases?
    0.9.5b5-3 wouldn't let you use iBooks so they updated it with 0.9.5b5-4. When I used 0.9.5b5-4 for my 3G I didnt have any MMS or internet. I restored using the ipsw file and set it up as a new phone and used 0.9.5b5-3 to re-jailbreak and everything worked.

Red face fix mms jailbreak on os 4.0
    An easier way to fix the MMS issue (which I just did) is to rejailbreak with the newest version of Sn0wbreeze. Note that this will only work if you have already jailbroken with redsn0w!! But it does work

0.9.5b5-3 version verbose boot w/o multitasking wallpaper or battery, mms is there, nice find.