Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to recognize specified IPSW

iPhone? More like MyPhone lepetitmort84's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Unable to recognize specified IPSW
    Hey guys,

So I have a 3G using 3.0 but updated to 4.0 today with iTunes 9.2. After updating, I downloaded redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 and when click on browse for IPSW, none of my IPSW's work. It says "unable to recognize specified ipsw". I used "iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw" and then "iPhone1,2_4.0_8A230m_Restore.ipsw". Neither worked and I am at a loss here. Anyone help?

Btw I am running Windows 7 64bit
    We are a disharmonic level of consciousness that is used as a steppingstone from the 42+2level to the next level, 46+2...These two additional chromosomes change everything

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

same for me on OS X.

Same here as well. Bunk version, doesn't work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I had the same problem. You need to download this: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

And then open RedSn0w and use this file instead of the other IPSW.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoSeriouss View Post
    I had the same problem. You need to download this: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

And then open RedSn0w and use this file instead of the other IPSW.
    Have you a link for 3GS (which not bug with the same Message ?)

I just downloaded the firmware that was linked to from above, it gave me the same error. I am working on a 3G. Anyone else have a different firmware to use?

I had the same problem when i downloaded the firmware from websites that hosted it. I then did the update the normal way through itunes, pointed redsn0w to where itunes saved the file and it worked for me. Maybe it would work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by imsuperjp View Post
    I had the same problem when i downloaded the firmware from websites that hosted it. I then did the update the normal way through itunes, pointed redsn0w to where itunes saved the file and it worked for me. Maybe it would work for you.

I thank at that but I didn't know where the original firmware is saved... How did you do ??

Quote Originally Posted by imsuperjp View Post
    Tried it, still doesn't work.

If you use IE, it seems to download it as a zip file. I used Chrome to download from (iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From) and it worked. That could have something to do with it. Just saying....

i had same problem but uses redsnow 9.5.b5-1 worked for me

Just got it to work. Dont know what I did differently. But it worked. Back on T-Mobile and loving life again!

Default Just...
    google this ipsw: "iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw"
    HoshiGOLean

Doesn't work for me...
    I've tried the downloaded file and the file from the apple folder and both don't work for me.
    I tried the most recent version of redsn0w (0.9.5b5-4) and 0.9.2.
    The first one reads the firmware but i can't jailbreak because my iPod Touch 2g is an MC Model. I've read that the 0.9.2 version can jailbreak it but it never reads the firmware...
    Should i just wait a few more weeks until they release something more consistent?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    try these ipsw and redsnow i used to JB mine. had jb done flawless

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

NOTE! run redsnow as administrator only and apply compatibility mode according to ur system win xp or Vista (win7)

Ok... It works, or not...
    Stops at "Waiting for Reboot" and does not go on.
    I've tried disconnecting the ipod and connecting it again after a few seconds but it doesn't go on... >_>

Default tried to jailbreak 3gs on os4
    I tried using redsn0w 0.9.5b5-1 and the ISPW from the link, didn't work. I tried restoring through iTunes with the ISPW and it restored. I still can't jailbreak with redsn0w. Any help?

same problem here....

Getting the same error when using the ipsw for 3GS.

Quote Originally Posted by [ kbrito ] View Post
    Ok... It works, or not...
    Stops at "Waiting for Reboot" and does not go on.
    I've tried disconnecting the ipod and connecting it again after a few seconds but it doesn't go on... >_>
    Are you on Windows? I experienced this problem in Windows 7 until I changed the compatibility of redsn0w to Windows XP and then ran redsn0w as administrator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast