Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G iOS 4 redsn0w Jailbreak, Can't Restore Apps (-4026530577)

Default 3G iOS 4 redsn0w Jailbreak, Can't Restore Apps (-4026530577)
    Hey Guys, I just updated my iPhone 3g to iOS 4 officially via itunes, then ran redsn0w (redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-3) with an iOS 4 .ispw and successfully jailbroke my iPhone on iOS 4. Now, I am able to restore pictures, SMS, and emails via itunes, however my apps won't sync. I get the following error: "An error occurred when restoring this iPhone (-4026530577)." Now, before beginning this whole process, I backed up my JB apps using AptBackup, would that cause an issue?

tldr; Jailbroke iPhone 3G with iOS 4 and can't restore apps.

When you chose an IPSW with redsn0w did you use the GM build or the final release?

I used a iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw that I believe to be the final release.

From reading here on MMI and the comments on Redmond Pie and iClarified, sounds like more people are having issues with the JB than not. Guess I'll wait a bit before taking the plunge myself.

How much free RAM is there on your 3G with no apps running after installing 4.0?

I have ~42MB free idling.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eelpout View Post
    From reading here on MMI and the comments on Redmond Pie and iClarified, sounds like more people are having issues with the JB than not. Guess I'll wait a bit before taking the plunge myself.?
    Thats exactly the route I am going. I'd rather have a working, non-jb phone than a half working jb phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by surfgeko View Post
    I have ~42MB free idling.
    What is supposed to be the free ram on a 3g? Thats kinda what I got on my via 3.1

It seems to vary a good deal. After "Freeing Memory" with SBSettings I'm at 52MB free

Quote Originally Posted by surfgeko View Post
    Hey Guys, I just updated my iPhone 3g to iOS 4 officially via itunes, then ran redsn0w (redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-3) with an iOS 4 .ispw and successfully jailbroke my iPhone on iOS 4. Now, I am able to restore pictures, SMS, and emails via itunes, however my apps won't sync. I get the following error: "An error occurred when restoring this iPhone (-4026530577)." Now, before beginning this whole process, I backed up my JB apps using AptBackup, would that cause an issue?

tldr; Jailbroke iPhone 3G with iOS 4 and can't restore apps.
    You'd probably need to install AppSync 4.0 to allow itunes to sync "cracked" apps with your iPhone. It works for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I upgraded my 3g yesterday to 4.0 then Jailbroke using Redsn0w and it is running with no issues other than the slight lag which is hardly noticeable imo. I unlocked it this morning using Ultrasn0w and still no issues. You have to go into Cydia multiple times to reload and upgrade sources and packages but after a few boots mine works like new. I have not seen any issues with my apps.

Wessy
    Last edited by Wessy; 2010-06-24 at 03:18 PM.

It's all good now. I've simply reinstalled all of the apps I need, no major loss. At least it remembered the important stuff, like photos and contacts.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RobberBoy's Avatar
    Thanks

Just an xtra small question, what if u have modify some of your springboard images and pngs.. would it get replaced to stock when u update ur iphone to 4.0 or still had our original replaced file when we update it? (not restore).