Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want to JB using 0.9.5 but have an issue.

Default Want to JB using 0.9.5 but have an issue.
    Alright my phone was running 3.1.2..... I attempted an iphodroid install on it, it never worked right. I don't know if I messed something up or not but couldn't get it to boot properly. Phone was jailbroken with blackra1n. (this was about a month ago) I have a developer account and wanted to update to the newest ios4 software because I was having some issues with my 3.1.2 jb. I updated today. I absolutely cannot get this phone in DFU mode. I have jailbroken tons of phones and had to put most of them into DFU mode so I know I am doing it properly. So I followed redsn0w's instructions and this thing will not go into DFU. It just ends up in recovery mode... Is there another way for me to go about this or is there something that I am missing?

well you wanna get it upgraded to iOS4 right?
    Just do that with itunes first since you dont need to put it in dfu mode for itunes, and then jailbreak it!

Mine is doing the same thing apart from it won't even go into recovery mode. I thought it was a problem with my buttons as I to have jailbroke a lot of iPhones.

Can you reset the phone using the home and power button? I can't for some reason.

I can infact reset the phone and get it into recovery mode. I have never had a problem going into dfu mode and I have done so on other phones... I just can't get this particular phone into dfu mode. I am already on ios4, I just cant jb because I can't get into dfu mode. I'm following everything to the "t" and I can do the process on other phones. So I think its just something that is screwed up with this phone. There has to be a way to get it into dfu mode other than using the buttons.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i need help to, my redsnow is stuck at

"waiting to reboot"

Just press the home button and the power button to shut it off, then do the whole process again! I had this problem a couple times...
    Also (if you are using Vista) right click on redsnow and click run as administrator!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Didn't work, I found my problem was I jailbroke with spirit on my 3.1.3 and that is stoping redsnow because apple put a block on it or a patch on it. I think it's bull because I paid 450 for my iPhone from the AT&T store they let you buy the phone but force you to get a contract