Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsnow troubles, please read

Default Redsnow troubles, please read
    Hey guys, I need help with a 3g running 3.1 with modem firmware 05.11.07. I have attempted to jailbreak this phone at least a dozen times this morning. A few times the j/b has appeared to be successful but Cydia is not installed on my phone afterward. Ive tried redsnow versions 0.7.2, 0.8, and 0.7.1. All with the same result. I have made sure Cydia was checked each time and left Icy unchecked when applicable. Anyone have any ideas or had this problem? Any ideas for a fix? Thanks in advance.....

oh yeah, I followed williamjv's thread to a T. No luck.
    Last edited by 63onair; 2010-05-26 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Those redsn0w versions don't work on +3.0

Restore to 3.1.2 and then jailbreak with either redsn0w 0.9.2 or Spirit. Spirit is by far the easiest to use.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Those redsn0w versions don't work on +3.0

Restore to 3.1.2 and then jailbreak with either redsn0w 0.9.2 or Spirit. Spirit is by far the easiest to use.

OK, I downloaded 3.1.2 and redsnow 0.9.2. When I try to restore to 3.1.2 I get an error message on itunes "The iphone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible." Any ideas??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 63onair View Post
    OK, I downloaded 3.1.2 and redsnow 0.9.2. When I try to restore to 3.1.2 I get an error message on itunes "The iphone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible." Any ideas??
    Judging from the error, it sounds like you've downloaded 3GS firmware, and not 3G. Either that, or you've downloaded the 3G firmware but actually have a 3GS phone.

Try downloading again from this site: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

As you have a 3G phone, the firmware should have the name iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw - notice the "1,2" part. For 3GS firmware, that part is named "2,1".