Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Version of Redsn0w

Default New Version of Redsn0w
    Hello everyone,

Does anybody know if The DevTeam will release a new version of Redsn0w that support 3.1.3 firmware for 3gs newboorom?

thanks

I doubt it as spirit does this

i dont understand.so redsn0w will not be released anymore?or spirit will be release to unlock the iphone ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

There is no unlock being developed for firmware 3.1.3. The next unlock will be developed after FW 4.0 is released.

and when the 4.0 firmware will be release?u know a date?
    so i have to wait on my iphone stuck on emergency call until the 4.0 OS been released ?

Thanks

Yes there is currently no way to activate and unlock an iPhone 3GS with the new bootrom at the moment. The new iPhone release will be announced on June 7th at the WWDC. It's speculated that it will hit stored June 21st based on AT&T's revised renewal eligibility. If this all holds true a July release for an unlock is /possible/.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wrecked77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    There is no unlock being developed for firmware 3.1.3. The next unlock will be developed after FW 4.0 is released.
    spirit does this...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wrecked77 View Post
    spirit does this...
    Actually it doesn't. Please brush up on your vocabulary. Spirit is a jailbreak tool for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 devices. It does not activate the phone or unlock the 5.12.01 baseband.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wrecked77's Avatar
    Thanks

O ok. Sorry my friend

There is no way to UNLOCK this combination, but honestly, truly, I hactivated this very combo today. Please see my post under jailbreak/activation.
    Last edited by Amadomon; 2010-05-14 at 02:07 AM. Reason: added link, corrected spelling

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Just wait...
    Everybody keeps asking the same darn question!! THERE IS NO UNLOCK AT THIS POINT AND LIKE THEY STATED FOR AWHILE!! There was enough WARNINGS going around not to update and 3G and 3Gs users failed to use caution!! Give it a rest already, same people asking same crap everyday, again Moderators said NO UNLOCK PEOPLE >>>JUST WAIT<<<
    Behind every successful man is a surprised woman

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by louee6 View Post
    Everybody keeps asking the same darn question!! THERE IS NO UNLOCK AT THIS POINT AND LIKE THEY STATED FOR AWHILE!! There was enough WARNINGS going around not to update and 3G and 3Gs users failed to use caution!! Give it a rest already, same people asking same crap everyday, again Moderators said NO UNLOCK PEOPLE >>>JUST WAIT<<<
    Belive it or not but are 3GS witch came from factory with 3.1.3. Not everyone asking about unlock are in this situation because they updated. If you are lucky to have a 3.1.2 device be silent and let us the rest to comunicate. I have 2 3GS-s with 3.1.3 from factory and un-activated so no jailbreak and if someone can share an advise i will read it and i will try. Hope is better then nothing. You better think again before posting and i quote you ,,crap".

Please see my post above for hactivation/jailbreak (but NOT unlock) solution. Perhaps it won't work for you, but it did work for me.

I think the topic of the post is REDSNOW...please keep on TOPIC thank you.

You should only use RedSnOw 0.9.2 from iPhone Dev Team
    for 2G iPhone...find it here....

redsn0w 0.9.2 [iPhone Dev Team]

RedSnOw 0.9.4 for 3G and above iPhones and iPods

Default Closed
    This thread is closing

/closed

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    There is no way to UNLOCK this combination, but honestly, truly, I hactivated this very combo today. Please see my post under jailbreak/activation.
    That only works with stored SHSHs. You had them stored as well. Hactivating 3.1.3 isn't possible.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-05-16 at 11:58 PM.