Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.6?

So I assume you also know 0.96 is for the 3G only?
    If you bothered to read what MN says you would know that.
    I repeat, WTF are people doing 'trying' things without knowing what they do and what they are for?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So I assume you also know 0.96 is for the 3G only?
    If you bothered to read what MN says you would know that.
    I repeat, WTF are people doing 'trying' things without knowing what they do and what they are for?
    redsn0w 0.9.5 is the one for 3G, but 0.9.6 is unknown and most likely is the one to be released when 4.0 GM is out.

I must admit, I thought you were talking about the beta (see redsn0w 0.9.5 BETA [iPhone Dev Team] ) but that is, indeed 0.95
    That is the latest MN is working on and there is no such thing as 0.96 that the Dev Team know about.
    The only thing I can find on 0.96 is a mistake on a vietnamese site where it says 0.96 final is released and then goes on to describe 0.9 and this thread.
    Anything calling itself RedSn0w 0.96 is more likely to be a virus .
    Kaatje has been working on JB for 4.0 beta on the 3GS with the help of posixninja but only as a POC and has now handed her findings to the Dev Team who obviously will not release anything new until after 4.0 is officially released.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I must admit, I thought you were talking about the beta (see redsn0w 0.9.5 BETA [iPhone Dev Team] ) but that is, indeed 0.95
    That is the latest MN is working on and there is no such thing as 0.96 that the Dev Team know about.
    The only thing I can find on 0.96 is a mistake on a vietnamese site where it says 0.96 final is released and then goes on to describe 0.9 and this thread.
    Anything calling itself RedSn0w 0.96 is more likely to be a virus .
    Kaatje has been working on JB for 4.0 beta on the 3GS with the help of posixninja but only as a POC and has now handed her findings to the Dev Team who obviously will not release anything new until after 4.0 is officially released.
    well since it's a mac version I doubt its a virus, and most importantly it was running. So I was guessing that maybe its an internal release since it's kind off different from the current release.

You doubt it's a virus (or a worm or trojan or installing some other malware on your iPhone)? Well that's OK then.
    I think I would have heard if there had been an internal release - but I could be wrong.
    If you want to try it, go ahead, but please do not blame the Dev Team for any problems it causes.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

As I have mentioned earlier, it asks for a password when it starts jailbreaking, and won't work unless u provide a working pass.

As I have mentioned earlier, this is nothing to do with the Dev Team and should be avoided.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12