Results 1 to 15 of 15

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Why is the Cydia keyboard so slow?

  1. #1
    Default Why is the Cydia keyboard so slow?
    Actually, Cydia seems slow in general. Granted, I am using an iPhone 2G with 3.1.3 jailbroken and unlocked with redsn0w, but come on! I know that the phone has a dated OS and hardware, but everything else is at least tolerably slow. Honestly, I hate going in there because I know the whole process will take at least 5 minutes each time...

  2. #2
    try rock

  3. #3
    Good ?
    Keithsta

  4. #4
    I have a 2g and cydia is considerable faster since the updates. The keyboard is still slow. Do you have alot of tweaks downloaded? That will slow the 2g down dramatically.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zystem View Post
    I have a 2g and cydia is considerable faster since the updates. The keyboard is still slow. Do you have alot of tweaks downloaded? That will slow the 2g down dramatically.
    No tweaks that I know of. Alls I've done is a) upgrade to 3.1.3, JB/UL using redsn0w. Is there a place I can look to find the tweaks? also, where can I check my baseband version?

    My phone is working ok with 3 exceptions:

    1) ATT goPhone card no longer works (it did with blackra1n)
    2) BT no longer works
    3) wifi is a little "nonresponsive" at times, but if I am patient, it usually connects. I use Vonage Mobile, so sometimes I have to clear the Tmobile APN settings (especially at Sbux) but I have noticed recently that a "reset network" seems to do the trick as well.

    I'd like to address the first two issues, especially, but I don't want to DO MORE DAMAGE by trying a patch, mod, or upgrade on it.

    Here is the one I am considering:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...2g-3g-3gs.html

    I like the fact that it opens the BT profiles. I'm wanting to ultimately use my BT keyboard for iPhone input. I also like the idea of using MMS and visual VM (although Tmobile probably won't allow it, I don't know)
    Any advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by s1l3nt View Post
    try rock
    can I get rock from the cydia installer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zystem View Post
    I have a 2g and cydia is considerable faster since the updates. The keyboard is still slow. Do you have alot of tweaks downloaded? That will slow the 2g down dramatically.
    just remembered. I did do something from cydia (having to do with the pushfix source) which changed my T-mobile into the pink Tmobile symbol. don't remember what it was called or what it was supposed to do (i think it was an "upgrade" of some sort...
    Last edited by quicknight; 2010-04-18 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #6
    yea jus search rockapp in cydia

  7. #7
    just logged into cydia: now it's "loading data"..."downloading packages"...."reloading data"...wheels still spinning....over a minute and a half now....this is why i hate using this app, it just eats up time....time to upgrade, i guess.


    can anyone think of a good way to get a used 3G or 3GS? how much would each be "worth?" do people sell phones on this website?

  8. #8
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Cydia refreshes all resources when loading, when your typing, it is searching all resources. That is the reason it takes time to load or type. In my opinion, Cydia is a much better option, but to each their own.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Cydia refreshes all resources when loading, when your typing, it is searching all resources. That is the reason it takes time to load or type. In my opinion, Cydia is a much better option, but to each their own.
    I guess, if you say so.

  10. #10
    Green Apple jaylen555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati OH
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i have that problem with the sloppy cydia keyboard but its been there ever since my cydia virgin days so kinda got used to it to all the good people that hate cydia taking longer to load

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwMlAvlyOvM[/ame]

    Warning though. with this tweak your cydia loads ten folds faster. but updating your cydia packages can only be done by hitting the refresh button.
    Last edited by jaylen555; 2010-04-21 at 08:29 AM.

  11. #11
    What's Jailbreak? Pwncess74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Cydia refreshes all resources when loading, when your typing, it is searching all resources. That is the reason it takes time to load or type. In my opinion, Cydia is a much better option, but to each their own.
    I agree with you. I mean ive used rock and techincally itll take just as long, youll have to type in what you want then hit search and then wait for rock to find it. and rock doesnt even have all the apps and themes cydia does. but cydia searches as you type so thats why it takes longer. makes sense to me.

  12. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Is Rock much recommended compared to Cydia?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by wendelltan View Post
    Is Rock much recommended compared to Cydia?
    not really only to use it as an alternative

  14. #14
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    So whats in Cydia is also in Rocks?
    Patrick Wendell Tan

  15. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The O.C. (or upinya)
    Posts
    182
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by wendelltan View Post
    Is Rock much recommended compared to Cydia?
    No. Not supported anymore and there isnt anything good about it. Cydia continues to be on the cutting edge of information and updates across the board.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •