Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Let me in on the joke...

Default Let me in on the joke...
    So, has anyone actualy jailbroken there iphone 3g which was upgraded to 3.1.3 with redsnow?

I have found many sites telling you how to jailbreak with redsnow but none have a valid download for redsnow 0.9.4 (or any other one that works),
    My question, Is there a valid download/tool anywhere that works to jailbreak my iPhone 3g?
    If so where?
    And has anyone actualy performed this with success?
    Thanks in advance.
    (My first post so apoligies if I made any mistakes)

All you need to do is run RedSn0w 0.92 and when it asks for an ipsw use the 3.12 ipsw what's so hard?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

iphone dev teams website has the valid files...

The files scan be downloaded from this site:
    Firmware 3.121
    RedSn0w 0.94
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    All you need to do is run RedSn0w 0.92 and when it asks for an ipsw use the 3.12 ipsw what's so hard?
    Isnt it 0.9.4 for 3.1.3 firmware?
    Even so, ive tried to find 0.9.3 and i cant find that either.
    You say whats so hard, well i wouldn't be here if i found these things easy. Isnt that why users come here? As they are finding something hard and need a little help or advice? Sorry if my stupidity offends you.

Also I dont know what ipsw is. Could i ask for a little advice on that from yourself or any others? Or will i get the same reply?

Thanks in advance guys

Google and search these forums before asking us for info that is avalible. Check the guides section here for a tutorial on how to jailbreak 3.1.3 on 3g

I have provided links to the correct program and correct file to use.
    RedSn0w 0.94 or 0.93 will work.
    I am not sure what more you want?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I have provided links to the correct program and correct file to use.
    RedSn0w 0.94 or 0.93 will work.
    I am not sure what more you want?
    Sorry Confucious, I was just about to try your links, was just venting my frustration first.
    Thanks mate

iPhone Jailbreak Guides | iPhone Tutorials | ModMyi.com Blog Archive How to Jailbreak 3.1.3 iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 1G/2G Windows & OS X

there is everything you need to know.

I don't mea to be a jerk or anything, but if you find jailbreak this hard, you will likely be restoring a lot because you don't know what all the tweaks and packages in cydia do. You will likely not understand a lot of stuff in cydia. so, the rule of thumb is, if you don't understand something that a package does, do not install it.
    Last edited by moon#pie; 2010-04-13 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    iPhone Jailbreak Guides | iPhone Tutorials | ModMyi.com Blog Archive How to Jailbreak 3.1.3 iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 1G/2G Windows & OS X

there is everything you need to know.

I don't mea to be a jerk or anything, but if you find jailbreak this hard, you will likely be restoring a lot because you don't know what all the tweaks and packages in cydia do. You will likely not understand a lot of stuff in cydia. so, the rule of thumb is, if you don't understand something that a package does, do not install it.
    Thanks mate but ive just did it, you were right in saying i should check the guides on this site, sorry i was unaware of the guides section. I have jailbroke before with blackrain and am ok using cydia, winterboard, etc. It was just finding the right tool for 3.1.3 which had me stumped.
    Now i am re jailbroken, can you guys recommend your top cydia downloads?
    thanks to all for helping and sorry to all i offended.

you're fine. I've just been getting really annoyed by all the people cluttering this place up with questions that have been answered 1,000 times.

Best cydia apps:

SBsettings
    iFile (only if you know what you're doing)
    sysinfoplus
    flashligh
    wififofum (same as the one from the appstore before it got removed)
    GV mobile + (if you use google voice)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

Sailor-girl (2010-04-14)