Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blackra1n

Default Blackra1n
    I am so sorry if this question has been dealt with already, I couldn't find anything about it but I accept it may well be on here somewhere.

I have Jailbroken my iPhone (3gs, 32gb, f/w 3.1.2, new bootroom) using Blackra1n, the only issue I have is when I either run out of battery life or switch the iPhone off.

When I then switch it back on after either of these 2 power interruptions have occured my iPhone will be in restore mode, I then have to connect it back up to my laptop, and Jailbreak it again with Blackra1n, I think this is called being "tethered" but I do stand to be corrected on this.

I basically want to know if there is anything available yet where I can switch my iPhone off and then when I switch it back on again it will NOT be in restore mode, it will still be on f/w 3.1.2., and it will still be Jailbroken?

Thanks in advance for any advise you can give me.

Eddie.

iPhone? More like MyPhone after_burners's Avatar
    Thanks

no not at the mo the next release u may get untethered I'm in the same boat as u

from what i understand any 3GS iPhone, or any iPhone model starting with MC, is currently limited to a tethered JB, requiring you to reuse Blackra1n, or whatever JBing tool you used, whenever you turn the iPhone on again.
    There has been a video released of an Un-tethered JB, but that JB is not gonna be released until after the launch of the iPad around the 5th of April, or so i have read.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Or even later because there is still a iPad 3G to be shipped in a month and a month after that the iPhone 4G. It may all waterfall to summer. But that is up the collaboration of the various devs that have the exploit.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sabersurfer View Post
    from what i understand any 3GS iPhone, or any iPhone model starting with MC, is currently limited to a tethered JB, requiring you to reuse Blackra1n, or whatever JBing tool you used, whenever you turn the iPhone on again.
    There has been a video released of an Un-tethered JB, but that JB is not gonna be released until after the launch of the iPad around the 5th of April, or so i have read.
    the "mc" model requiring a tethered jailbreak only refers to IPT2g..not iphones

Thank you all for your input.