Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia e Iphone 3GS 3.1.3

Post Cydia e Iphone 3GS 3.1.3
    I have an iPhone 3 GS 16 GB, firmware 3.1.3 (7E18).
    Until today I only used Apple official channels to download & install applications. Now I'm curious about Cydia and JailBreaking.
    I have the following questions
    1. Do I need to jailbreak my iPhone in order to use Cydia and be able to download and install Cyidia application?
    2. If so, how do I do it? Which tools do I have to use?
    3. After having JaiBroken my iPhone and installed Cydia Apps, will I be able to continue running my "official" applications (purhased from Apple AppStore) and will I still have access to iTunes account?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuccio For This Useful Post:

Treasure210 (2010-08-25)

Thanks

as of now there is no jailbreak available for your phone...sorry

You have the same phone I have. It was bought with 3.1.3 already on it.
    1. You do have to have a jailbroken phone to install and use Cydia and it's apps.
    2. You can not jailbreak yet for our firmware. Apple released our firmware to stop people from jailbreaking(from what I heard anyways)
    3. After it's broken and Cydia installed (in the future of course) you should be able to still use all of your purchased apps from the app store and still continue to use the official iTunes app store without any troubles.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibfr33k For This Useful Post:

Amantariku (2010-08-06), Nuccio (2010-03-30)

Thanks, at this point the only thing to do is clearly wait.

i have the same preoblem as nuccio, does anybody know about how long its ganna be? i know its a vague question but if its lookin like more then a month, i mine as well go buy a shitty lil tmobile phone cause im kinda stuck in the water with a useless iphone, lmao... any response will be helpful!! thanks guys!

Thanks

unfortunately neither the dev team nor geohot give release dates so at this point no one knows but them...

iPhone? More like MyPhone youngunn's Avatar
    Thanks

they have the next exploit to use ready to go, but will not use it for 3.1.3, since its a junk version of the firmware, meaning theres no new features, no reason to waste time on a jailbreak and waste a new exploit that apple can then patch up in 4.0. they will have a jailbreak for 4.0 this summer, just be patient. buy urself a cheap *** phone off of ebay for the time being, to get you by.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to youngunn For This Useful Post:

Nuccio (2010-04-11)

I would be surprised if a JB is not released shortly after the 3G iPad at the end of this month. The JB for 3.2 on the iPad should work with 3.13 on the iPhone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Nuccio (2010-04-13)

To clarify:

I'm in the same boat trying to put iphone 3GS with 3.1.3 firmware on t-mobile service. I used an un-tethered jailbreak called spirit(Dev-Team Blog) to unlock it and it seems to work. The phone accepts the t-mobile sim(no "incorrect sim card" at boot) and accesses all the downloaded apps as before but can't complete calls or access networks. At this point, am I able to download and use cydia or am I mis-construing the essence of a jail-break?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brysborg View Post
    To clarify:

I'm in the same boat trying to put iphone 3GS with 3.1.3 firmware on t-mobile service. I used an un-tethered jailbreak called spirit(Dev-Team Blog) to unlock it and it seems to work. The phone accepts the t-mobile sim(no "incorrect sim card" at boot) and accesses all the downloaded apps as before but can't complete calls or access networks. At this point, am I able to download and use cydia or am I mis-construing the essence of a jail-break?
    If you've jailbroken using Spirit, Cydia should already be on your phone.

If your baseband is 05.12.01 (or higher) you can't use your t-mobile sim. I'm guessing you can download apps because the phone is on wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by Brysborg View Post
    To clarify:

Jailbreak and unlock are two different things Spirit ( Spirit )is not from the Dev Team but is by Comex with help from the Dev Team, Posixninja and others and is a JB only.
    A Jailbreak allows you to install apps that are not from the App Store and so do not have to be approved by Apple,
    To use your phone on T-Mobile (in the USA) you need an unlock and there is no unlock available for BB 05.12.01
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.