Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: My iphone 3G is DEAD after upgrading to 3.1.3

  1. #1
    Default My iphone 3G is DEAD after upgrading to 3.1.3
    Hi All,

    I am new this iphone.
    I am using iphone 3g 8gb. My iphone was unlocked & jailbroken.

    on 22nd march 2010, by mistake with out any prior knowledge I just upgraded my iphone 3g to 3.1.3. Thats it, I lost everything, when it boots up my phone displays a message only Emergency calls.

    Could somebody help me out in this.



    Thank you.
    modimy3g

  2. #2
    try to restore your phone, and when your done restoring it, restore it as a backup from your previous updates

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by easybake View Post
    try to restore your phone, and when your done restoring it, restore it as a backup from your previous updates
    Could you please share the exact steps that I need to follow...

    Thanks in Advance.


    Please do the needful friend.


    .

  4. #4
    Well now since there is a jailbreak for the 3.1.3 first you need to plug your iPhone into your computer and open itunes. When that has happened go to your phone on iTunes and hit the restore button. if you want to keep all your previous stuff restore as a backup unless you already have a backup. and let your phone run through the restore process and once its done, everything should be back and running smoothly.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by easybake View Post
    Well now since there is a jailbreak for the 3.1.3 first you need to plug your iPhone into your computer and open itunes. When that has happened go to your phone on iTunes and hit the restore button. if you want to keep all your previous stuff restore as a backup unless you already have a backup. and let your phone run through the restore process and once its done, everything should be back and running smoothly.
    I am not able to see any setting on my phone.
    When I turn it on it is saying NO SIM & Emergency calls only

  6. #6
    nope dont worry about your phone, when you plug your phone into your computer. On iTunes your phone should pop-up and then you will see a restore button

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by easybake View Post
    nope dont worry about your phone, when you plug your phone into your computer. On iTunes your phone should pop-up and then you will see a restore button
    Yes, when I click on 'Restore' a message is popping up with two buttons
    1.Restore & Update the latest version 2. Cancel

    I am using itunes v9.0

  8. #8
    okay that is correct, now go to itunes.com and download the latest itunes, then when you have that done. restore your phone to the latest software

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by easybake View Post
    okay that is correct, now go to itunes.com and download the latest itunes, then when you have that done. restore your phone to the latest software
    I have downloaded recently friend, latest version is 9.0 Any other way dear.

  10. #10
    okay, then just click restore to the latest software.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by easybake View Post
    okay, then just click restore to the latest software.
    I tried several times yesterday, still I will try now and post the result here. Thank you!

  12. #12
    EffenTroll ! Effenpig!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,057
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 57 Times in 50 Posts

    Don't restore to 3.1.3, it will update your baseband and you won't be able to unlock!!

    Press shift+restore and select 3.1.2
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 2010-03-24 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #13
    hi..
    I'm from Greece but I bought my iphone in Canada..
    I accidentally restored and updated it and now it's not working..
    it's says that there's something wrong with my sim card(it's a greek one..)
    so I tried jailbreaking it with redsnow but it didn't work..
    what can I do?
    please help!!!!!!!!
    thnx

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by laritaki View Post
    hi..
    I'm from Greece but I bought my iphone in Canada..
    I accidentally restored and updated it and now it's not working..
    it's says that there's something wrong with my sim card(it's a greek one..)
    so I tried jailbreaking it with redsnow but it didn't work..
    what can I do?
    please help!!!!!!!!
    thnx
    Did you get it resolve? Any luck?


    .

  15. #15
    EffenTroll ! Effenpig!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,057
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 57 Times in 50 Posts

    Since you updated you will not be able to unlock

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by modimy3g View Post
    Did you get it resolve? Any luck?


    .



    I managed to downgrade it to 3.1.2 and jailbreak it but my modem firmware got updated to 05.12.01 and I can't find anything to unlock my phone...

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •