Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Factory unlocked 3GS 3.1.2 now stuck in recovery???

Thanks

Question Factory unlocked 3GS 3.1.2 now stuck in recovery???
    Great... Brother in Hong Kong sends me a factory unlocked 32G 3GS... Came to me with 3.1.2 and 5.11.07. Checked the serial on the 4/5 digits were 01. Good to go right??? I get increasingly frustrated with the "content too big" crap for every incoming MMS, so i figure I'll jailbreak and install the fix, since even Tmo's tier3 geniuses couldn't give me anything more than I had already found on here. Problem: No Mac- stuck on XP. Enter Redsn0w 0.9.4, run it, all goes well until time for it to reboot itself. Screen stayed black- black as in off. I reconnect to iTunes and blah, blah, blah, stuck in recovery, need the full restore, same wonderful message... Long story less long: no es recovering from recovery. Was hoping to avoid restoring to 3.1.3 mainly because I want to fix the damn MMS problem and get my other Cydia apps I have on the 3.0 3G. I guess my question is full system restore it to 3.1.3 and quit whining like a baby? Or maybe install an IPCC from like volkspost.com? and If I do end up with a full system restore to 3.1.3 that wont lock my phone will it? (Seeing as how it's unlocked from factory, but for Hong Kong and damn if I know if there's some special locking firmware we American's are stuck with?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If it's not a knock off phone and is in fact factory unlocked, it will stay that way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to neodude237 For This Useful Post:

Ceejness (2010-03-19)

Thanks

Not a knock off and definitely factory unlocked... At least I know that angle is cool then. What about installing an IPCC? I can still do that through iTunes with the quick settings fix right?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Did you click 'no' when redsn0w asked whether you had a new model or an old? If you did, then that's where you went wrong.