Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Issue jailbreaking iPhone 3g on 3.1.3

Default Issue jailbreaking iPhone 3g on 3.1.3
    I have tried redsn0w 0.9.4, 0.9.3, and 0.9.2 and the issue appears to be the same every time. I select the correct .ipsw (iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw) I place the phone in DFU mode following the prompts. It appears that the code is loading as the phone goes from black screen to white, then flashes black to white once more during the process. Finally the screen flashes to black, redsn0w says it is completed and the process will complete on the phone however the phone never shows any loading graphics and it fails to reboot on it's own. I have tried multiple 3.1.2 ipsw files from different sources as well as holding the home button for varying durations to no effect. I have restored to a clean 3.1.3 image several times as well... Am I missing something? I was considering uninstalling/reinstalling the DFU driver to see if that made any difference.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You should point to an official 3.1.2 file. Try restoring to 3.1.3 through iTunes by just clicking 'restore'. Then download an offcial 3.1.2 firmware from here: iPod and iPhone Firmware Download and use that with redsn0w. Use redsn0w 0.9.2, you can download it here: redsn0w 0.9.2 [iPhone Dev Team]

Tried all of those suggestions with no luck... I finally deleted the apple mobile device usb driver and tried on a different usb port... After stage 2 of the redsn0w jailbreak it paused, the drivers re-loaded and then the jb data actually loaded. Currently rebooting, we will see...

Thanks.

Success. I don't know if it was the fact that the drivers reloading forced a pause in the upload process or if there was something messed up in the driver itself but I am off and running. Thanks!
    Last edited by sanctified; 2010-03-17 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
    Tried all of those suggestions with no luck... I finally deleted the apple mobile device usb driver and tried on a different usb port... After stage 2 of the redsn0w jailbreak it paused, the drivers re-loaded and then the jb data actually loaded. Currently rebooting, we will see...

Thanks.

Success. I don't know if it was the fact that the drivers reloading forced a pause in the upload process or if there was something messed up in the driver itself but I am off and running. Thanks!
    Good to hear. I can't really explain what was wrong either. Sometimes the most odd things help the jailbreak go through.