Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking 3gs with redsn0w

Default Jailbreaking 3gs with redsn0w
    I've read more than 10 articles from various sites including modmyi.
    I'm using a iphone 3GS 3.1.3 firmware , latest boot rom and baseband.
    It had not been jailbroken before.
    I do not need unlock. i just want to jailbreak.
    Is it possible to jailbreak my iphone? (some sites say that it is possible to tether jailbreak with redsn0w)
    i do not mind a tethered jailbreak.
    i've tried using redsn0w 0.9.4 and blackra1n , but they do not work for me. If my iphone 3gs can be jailbroken plz link me to a working guide. Thank you

Edit : It has been confirmed that Iphone 3gs 3.1.3 ,new bootrom , new base band ,unjailbroken before cannot be jailbroken or downgraded or unlocked currently. Hope this help to clear all suspicions and questions. Thanks to all who helped
    Last edited by sinnersage; 2010-03-16 at 11:20 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Since you're on 3.1.3, your device cannot be jailbroken currently.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Since you're on 3.1.3, your device cannot be jailbroken currently.
    Thank you. that really cleared my suspicions. Now i have to wait for a new jailbreak method to come out....
    i wonder if its possible to downgrade my 3gs?
    if i'm not wrong, jailbreaking only depends on the bootrom and firmware, so if i can downgrade , i'll be able to tether jailbreak? (note : my 3gs have not been jailbroken before)
    Last edited by sinnersage; 2010-03-15 at 12:44 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sinnersage View Post
    Thank you. that really cleared my suspicions. Now i have to wait for a new jailbreak method to come out....
    i wonder if its possible to downgrade my 3gs?
    if i'm not wrong, jailbreaking only depends on the bootrom and firmware, so if i can downgrade , i'll be able to tether jailbreak? (note : my 3gs have not been jailbroken before)
    No, for the 3GS phone, downgrading depends on if you've stored your 3.1.2 SHSH files on Cydia. Storing those is done in Cydia by clicking a button that says 'Make my life easier'. You'd also have had to press it while 3.1.2 or lower was still being signed. Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 early February.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    No, for the 3GS phone, downgrading depends on if you've stored your 3.1.2 SHSH files on Cydia. Storing those is done in Cydia by clicking a button that says 'Make my life easier'. You'd also have had to press it while 3.1.2 or lower was still being signed. Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 early February.
    So, the shsh file is unique and i cannot make one for myself?... damn i'm screwed, now i just need to wait for a new jailbreak method to come out....

iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Thanks

Correct.