Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with Re-Jailbreak to fix Cydia Error

Default Help with Re-Jailbreak to fix Cydia Error
    I am having a problem with Cydia. I keep getting a database error when I try to open Cydia and it will not show any of my sources, etc. I have tried several things to fix this problem and I am still getting this error. I have deleted sources, cleared the cache, etc. and I can not fix the problem. It looks as though I am going to have to re-jailbeak with redsnow. The question that I want to ask, is if I re-jailbreak with redsnow will I lose all of my cydia apps? Is there any way to re-jailbreak and keep all of the cydia apps that I currently have installed.

Also another problem is that I do not have openssh or I would have tried that method. Since my Cydia is not working, I can not install it. I have been using Iphone Explorer to view the files on my phone. I also have mobile terminal as well. However, everything that I have tried has not worked.

Therefore, can I rejailbreak without losing my cydia apps? If so, how do I go about doing this?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I am really frustrated with this issue.

What firmware are you on? I would suggest starting with a blank slate. I did this by restoring to official 3.0 firmware since it still has the unlockable baseband. Then, jailbreak 3.0 and make sure everything is ok. Once you've jailbroken 3.0 you can then shift+restore to a 3.1.2 custom ipsw

Quote Originally Posted by brentbizzle View Post
    What firmware are you on? I would suggest starting with a blank slate. I did this by restoring to official 3.0 firmware since it still has the unlockable baseband. Then, jailbreak 3.0 and make sure everything is ok. Once you've jailbroken 3.0 you can then shift+restore to a 3.1.2 custom ipsw
    I am currently using 3.0 firmware. If I restore won't that delete my Cydia apps? I am sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am a novice to all of this and I am unfamiliar with this whole OS. I really don't want to upgrade to 3.1 because I don't want to have to re-install all of my cydia apps. Is there anyway that I can re-jailbreak using redsnow without having to re-install all of my cydia apps?

Thanks for you help.

It's not the end of the world if you have to reinstall your Cydia apps. I would MUCH rather make sure everything is working correctly.