Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware on Windows

Quote Originally Posted by paaji View Post
    i used your guide to update my iphone 2g to newer firmware 3.1.2. This iphone was previously unlocked and jailbroken. Do i still need to unlock again using the ultrasn0w?

Thank
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mskantoun View Post
    Hi
    I have a problem, i have 3G jb and unlocked , my main problem is when i put my T-mobile sim card . I receive this message " Different SIM detected please connect to iTune". when i connected to Itune, it doesn't support my SIm card.... my firmware 3.1.2 and baseband 04.26.08...

Step 3: Once you are done with the jailbreak, you can now unlock your iPhone running jailbroken firmware 3.1.2 by using ultrasn0w 0.9. To do this:

Note: T-Mobile users should disable 3G before installing ultrasn0w.

*Start “Cydia” on your iPhone.
    *Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom.
    *Now touch on “Sources”.

Touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com” and touch on “Add Source”.

Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.

After installation is completed. Search for “ultrasn0w” in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.

Step 4: Now simply restart your iPhone. Voila! You are now running a fully unlocked and jailbroken iPhone firmware 3.1.2 on your iPhone 3G or 3GS.
    Last edited by screamankit; 2010-01-15 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

UltraSn0w is for the 3G/3GS ONLY
    Please do not attempt to use it on a 2G.
    BootNeuter unlocks the 2G not UltraSn0w and the BB has not been updated for some time. With a 2G a straight FW update in iTunes will retain the unlock and pwnage is not necessary.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Hi there

Just had a read at your guide and its fantastic

I am having issues when trying to get my 2g phone to pick up a carrier

I am in the UK and have a 3g phone on 02. But I am trying to unlock my 2g iphone for my mum

I have just downloaded a custom firmware that is activated and unlocked. Restored it in I tunes, and it ran the boot nuker.

However I am getting No service

I have tried to reset the network settings but still the same

Any Idea??

Phone Details

Iphone 2g
    version 3.1.2 (7d11)
    carrier 5.0
    modem firmware 04.05.04G

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    UltraSn0w is for the 3G/3GS ONLY
    Please do not attempt to use it on a 2G.
    BootNeuter unlocks the 2G not UltraSn0w and the BB has not been updated for some time. With a 2G a straight FW update in iTunes will retain the unlock and pwnage is not necessary.

just pasted my ultrasn0w answer from the guide dint notice whether it is a 2G or 3G or 3GS as the main intention was to answer the question -

Originally Posted by paaji
    i used your guide to update my iphone 2g to newer firmware 3.1.2. This iphone was previously unlocked and jailbroken. Do i still need to unlock again using the ultrasn0w?

Thank

Sorry paaji for any issues faced due to my technically incorrect answer
    I HOPE "ALL IS WELL" (:-D)

man am new to all this jailbreakin n unlockin process .. dis is goin to be my 1st time .. am currently using an iphone 3g runnin 3.0 os n baseband 4.26.08 ..
    will there be any problem upgrading . if some error occurs will i be able to revert my phone back to the one am using now ..

and i don hv de pc which i used to sync the songs. does upgrading erase all my songs ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys, need some help here:

I own a 3GS 16GB iPhone, running firmware 3.1.2 (got it a few days ago, it came loaded with that FW), and the basebrand (listed as "modem firmware" in the About page in Settings - right?) is 05.11.07. My 3rd, 4th, and 5th digits in the SN are 947 - which means, for now, my jailbreak will be tethered.
    It ISN'T unlocked and I do NOT want to unlock it as well, as I simply don't need it, and don't want my cellular network to know I did, as it might void my warranty.

I actually already tried to JB using Black Ra1n. However, after jailbreaking and installing cydia, my iPhone got stuck at the Recovery Mode. (after I installed SBSettings from Cydia, which required me to reboot)
    I tried "making it rain" again but it STILL was stuck in the Recovery Mode.
    I successfully restored using iTunes and my iPhone has no problems right now (obviously).

I have no idea what I have done wrong and want to try jailbreaking using the redsn0w method for Windows (the one in the first post), and I want to make sure it meets my requisites.
    Also: If I use this method do I lose the option to restore to the official firmware using iTunes? I want this to be always available for me in case something goes wrong.
    Considering the JB is tethered, what do I need to do at each boot?

I use the same Sim card that came with my iPhone - that means I need an UNactivated IPSW file - right?

Thanks
    Last edited by Starchild; 2010-01-28 at 07:34 PM.

Hi, I am currently using an iphone 3G with firmware 2.28.00. I am not sure which baseband I have nor know how to check. My phone has been unlocked and jailbroken using whitesnow and winpwn I believe. I would like to now upgrade to one of the latest firmware. I have several questions:

1. What is the latest firmware that is most stable when unlocked and jailbroken?
    2. What would be the steps to upgrading to another firmware. I'm using windows and no access to a mac.

If someone could just list the steps involved and point me to a guide. I would greatly appreciate it!

Default Where is the tutorial?
    I notice that in the tutorial given it says "iPhone 2G users can simply follow the guide I posted here to jailbreak and unlock with firmware 3.1.2."

Although "here" does not give me a very good description of where it is. Is it possible ou provide a link or instructions on how/where to find it?

Thanks.

Regard, Jack

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had to have my 3G replaced under warranty. It's running 3.1.2(7D11), with modem firmware 05.11.07. Will this method work to JB my phone or am I forced to use another method to JB my phone due to the fw?

I have this CFW: iPhone1_2_3.1.2_7D11_Custom_Restore.ipsw - which I used successfully on my previous phone that was running different fw.

First try, I got nowhere but to the 1604 error and recovery loop. I have an original 3.1.2(7D11) IPSW, so I restored back to my original state. Time for some research . . . . .

I got a little further using this info: http://modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/6894...2-ipsw-3g.html

After all that, I have an expensive iTouch. BlackRa1n was successful in doing the jb.
    Last edited by fishnride; 2010-03-06 at 12:28 AM.

Unfortunately this isn't the newest thread. I am having the same problem as karabaja. Except now after patiently waiting, my iphone has the connect to itunes image on i'm worried to start from scrath. Can you please help asap? This is my first unlock/jailbreak/whatever the difference is with an iphone so please pardon my request for simplicity.

What phone do you have and what are you trying to do? What network are you on and what network is your phone locked too? What FW/BB are you on?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

FYI to follow up yes the phone did lock. I went out, bought a Mac, used the, i think the pwnage tool. Got it. Thanks for your help.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567