Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware on Windows

Quote Originally Posted by screamankit View Post
    As far as I know the baseband does not change,add or remove any features so personally as of now I am gonna stick with 3.1.2 JB with 04.26.08 baseband as its working without any issues.

till now it hasn't been recommended anywhere that people with 3.1.2 JB and 04.26.08 baseband need to upgrade using blackra1n RC3 and blacksn0w with the 05.xx.xx baseband ... but if it is required in the future we can always do it then ... till then we can enjoy what has been served

NOTE- Baseband once upgraded cannot be downgraded in case you do opt to use blackra1n RC3 and blacksn0w for JBing and unlocking.There are two ways of JB and unlocking one way is to follow the devteams (pwnage tool,redsnow,ultrasn0w) and the other is to follow geohot (blackra1n,blacksn0w). Currently we dont know whether the devteam will concentrate on preserving the 04.xx.xx baseband or unlocking the 05.xx.xx baseband so incase if you follow geohot (blackra1n,blacksn0w) method and if the devteam continue to use 04.xx.xx baseband for future firmware JB then you will only have the option of following geohot (blackra1n,blacksn0w) method of JBing and unlocking so its better to wait and watch and then do the needful if required.

but hey that's just me ... your iphone your call

cheers
    I see, but this confuses me just a little because in your original post, you list steps to downgrade bb. Does that method to work? Wouldn't I be able to do the same steps by placing custom firmware in directory location describe and restoring from there and then downgrade bb using your other tutorial?

I have been thinking about this for a while now...blackra1ned last night and now am having second thoughts.

EDIT: Downloaded fuzzyband and now see what you mean. Do you think there will be a fuzzyband rerelease that will accomodate this new bootloader?
    Last edited by devesstate; 2009-11-04 at 09:28 PM.

I have a 2g phone.

I was able to JB completely with your method twice and both times, apps doesn't work. I have downloaded free apps from apps store but doesn't open. It tries to open but kicks them out.

What could be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by chor1 View Post
    I have a 2g phone.

I was able to JB completely with your method twice and both times, apps doesn't work. I have downloaded free apps from apps store but doesn't open. It tries to open but kicks them out.

Try this:

1.Deauthorize (Go into iTunes and at the top under store, deauthorize computer)

2.sync phone (iTunes will delete all apps on iphone)

3. Reboot iphone

4.reauthorize (Go into iTunes and at the top under store, authorize computer)

5.Sync iphone and apps will automatically be uploaded on iphone.

Problems should be fixed after this method. PLease note that all information within each app will be deleted and you have to reenter whatever info was there to begin with, basically starting over.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to devesstate For This Useful Post:

wasarokr (2009-11-16)

Quote Originally Posted by devesstate View Post
    I see, but this confuses me just a little because in your original post, you list steps to downgrade bb. Does that method to work? Wouldn't I be able to do the same steps by placing custom firmware in directory location describe and restoring from there and then downgrade bb using your other tutorial?

I have been thinking about this for a while now...blackra1ned last night and now am having second thoughts.

EDIT: Downloaded fuzzyband and now see what you mean. Do you think there will be a fuzzyband rerelease that will accomodate this new bootloader?
    I completely agree that baseband can be downgraded but then you need to have a bootloader 5.8 or lower ... its a bit messy that's why I wasn't recommending it.

not sure about the new release of fuzzyband that will support the 5.9 and higher bootloader ... According to me now the chances are very less as the 05.xx.xx baseband can be unlocked.

As far as your issue is concerned now that you have already taken the plunge with blackra1n RC3 don't bother about fuzzyband just use blacksn0w to unlock and enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by chor1 View Post
    I have a 2g phone.

you need to open cydia and add the h.a.c.k.u.l.o.u.s repo after that just search for appsync 3.1 and install it and your troubles/problems will be gone.

if this doesn't work try devasstate's method.

let me know if you want further assistance.
    Last edited by screamankit; 2009-11-05 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the advice SCREAMANKIT worked a treat. Top man! Keep up the good work.
    Thanks

Take it wide let it slide!!

you need to open cydia and add the h.a.c.k.u.l.o.u.s repo after that just search for appsync 3.1 and install it and your troubles/problems will be gone.

if this doesn't work try devasstate's method.

let me know if you want further assistance.

I tried both methods but I am still having same issue.

Don't have any apps intalled trying to install free apps
    from app store but it won't open.

Any other suggestion??

Thanks

you remember my problem?
    so can i unlock and jb it with blackra1n/blacksn0w?

I used to have access to the root partition on my 3GS after a jailbreak. After updating to 3.1.2, and jailbreaking with blackra1n, I'm not capable of accessing that part of my iPhone. Why is that? I loved tweaking themes and reinstalling them that way.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

^youtube for ssh on 3.1.2 and you will find fixes for not being able to access /.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

i've got a 3G 3.0 jb only. i searched and searched and found what I thought was custom 3.1.2 firmware and used this tutorial and everything went good but no Cydia app. Now i've found the custom 3.1.2 firmware and trying to jb again but after restarting iTunes and "shift" restore and picked custom firmware I get this message "....could not restore because firmware is not compatible." what am I doing wrong? am i screwed cause I didn't start out using the custom 3.1.2 firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
    i've got a 3G 3.0 jb only. i searched and searched and found what I thought was custom 3.1.2 firmware and used this tutorial and everything went good but no Cydia app. Now i've found the custom 3.1.2 firmware and trying to jb again but after restarting iTunes and "shift" restore and picked custom firmware I get this message "....could not restore because firmware is not compatible." what am I doing wrong? am i screwed cause I didn't start out using the custom 3.1.2 firmware?

if it is saying that the firmware is not compatible that means your are not downloading the correct firmware for your iphone 3G...maybe you are downloading the firmware for a 2G or a 3GS.You need to download iPhone1_2_3.1.2_7D11_Custom_Restore.ipsw this file is for iphone 3G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wink Um I'm lost
    You need to make a video of the steps you take to do this. :-) or pictures of the steps. Please!!

Default JB with Blackrain - Hang when restarting HELP!!!
    Hi all,
    Was searching for a solution regarding this matter:

Have JB successfully using Blackrain. (There is no need to unlock the phone from where I am.)

Although it was a success, when I turn off the phone and turn it back on again, it will go to the screen showing the picture asking you to connect your Iphone to Itunes. And that is it.

So I did as instructed on the screen and then it forces me to restore. So now I am back to having no JB and frustrated!

My phone specs as follows: 3GS 32gig Stock Firmware: 3.1.2.

Any step by step solution to this?

I looked else and gathered that there is this internet teethering thing and the solution requires you to use Blackrain everytime you reboot your Iphone. Is this the only solution?

Default Does restoring as new change baseband to lastest baseband?
    I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum. I'm having problems with my firmware 3.0 iphone 3g. If I restore as new, will itunes change my baseband to the latest baseband? I want to keep my current baseband which is 04.26.08. Any directions appreciated!

I think my problem is(correct me if I'm wrong) that I restored to the official firmware 3.12. iPhone 3gs .Tried verious times to use blackra1n, didn't work. Now I'm tring to use the cfw. But I get stuck in " preparing iPhone for restore". And it fails giving me an error 1600. Do I need to downgrade my fw then use the cfw? If possible?!? Or am I doing something wrong.

I have the iphone 2G but it's not unlocked/jailbroken. I have an old AT&T SIM card that no longer has service on it. but I wanted to jailbreak and unlock the iphone. I have AT&T as my service provider. I have the original 3.1.2 FW & baseband of 4.05.04_G. I have the latest version of Itunes on Windows Vista.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I was able to jailbreak it but if I unlock it and place a new SIM card in it, would I still have to activate it through AT&T?

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by aggieiphone11; 2009-12-10 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by aggieiphone11 View Post
    I have the iphone 2G but it's not unlocked/jailbroken. I have an old AT&T SIM card that no longer has service on it. but I wanted to jailbreak and unlock the iphone. I have AT&T as my service provider. I have the original 3.1.2 FW & baseband of 4.05.04_G. I have the latest version of Itunes on Windows Vista.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I was able to jailbreak it but if I unlock it and place a new SIM card in it, would I still have to activate it through AT&T?

Thanks for the help.

since you have Jailbroken with the at&t sim in it which is the official carrier...means your iphone has been activated...so now just install ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock the iphone after that you can use another sim card with it.

I'd recommend you to keep atleast one at&t sim card with you all the time anyone either the one which is working or the old one that no longer has service on it so that in the future when you jailbreak again with firmware 3.1.3 or 3.2 or 4.0 whatever...immediately after jailbreaking incase you are asked to activate your iphone with the official carrier sim card you can use this at&t sim card to activate the iphone then run ultrasn0w and then start using the other service providers sim card.

Hope this solved your query.

-SCREAMANKIT.

I used your guide to update my iphone 2G to newer firmware 3.1.2. This iphone was previously unlocked and jailbroken. Do I still need to unlock again using the ultrasn0w?

Thank

PwnageTool 3.1.4 has been released and is for Mac OS X users only. The following step-by-step tutorial/guide will help you in running fully unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 2G,3G and 3GS with iPhone firmware 3.1.2 using your Windows PC without having to wait for Windows version of PwnageTool or redsn0w.

Step 1: Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes.

Step 2: Now connect your iPhone with your PC. You must connect it to a single usb port on the backside of your computer. Do not use any usb hub or the ports in the front as this could result in an error during update process.

Step 3: Start iTunes. Sync your iPhone with your PC so that iTunes backs-up all your important data including settings, apps, music, contacts and photos.

Step 4: As a Windows user, you will have to now download a custom firmware for your iPhone which has been cooked on a Mac using PwnageTool 3.1.4.Make sure that if you want to unlock your iphone you download a custom firmware 3.1.2 that does not require you to activate the iphone with the official sim card (ie the person who has made the custom firmware 3.1 on a mac should have checked the activate option on the pwnage tool 3.1.4 so that it does not ask you to do the same later which would be difficult if you dont have the official sim card like AT&T,Rogers,etc.People who are using the official sim card can download any 3.1 CFW as they dont need to unlock their iphone.

WHERE TO GET CUSTOM 3.1.2 FIRWARES FOR iPHONES & iTOUCH

Google it.

Step 5: Once you have downloaded the required .ipsw file, Move it into the following location depending on which version of Windows you are using:

“CUsers\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\” (Windows 7)

“CUsers\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\” (Windows Vista)

“CDocuments and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Update\” (Windows XP)

Note: Make sure you have enabled “Show Hidden Files and Folders” option in Tools->Folder Options.. –> View tab found in Windows Explorer to see the directory locations mentioned above.

Step 6: Restart iTunes. You will now be prompted to install the new firmware 3.1.2 from iTunes. DO NOT UPDATE from this prompt. Just close this dialog by clicking on “x” from the top right-most corner of the window.

Step 7: Now you will have to restore your iPhone to this custom firmware 3.1.2 that you have just downloaded for your iPhone. Click on your phone from the sidebar in iTunes to get to this screen.

Step 8: Press and hold left “Shift” button on the keyboard and then click on “Restore” (Not “Update” or “Check for Update”) button in the iTunes and then release the “Shift” button.

This will make iTunes prompt you to select the location for your downloaded custom firmware 3.1.2. Select that custom .ipsw file and click on “Open”.

Step 9: Now sit back and enjoy as iTunes does the rest for you. This will involve a series of automated steps. Be patient at this stage and don’t do anything silly. Just wait while iTunes installs the new firmware 3.1.2 on your iPhone. Your iPhone screen at this point will be showing a progress bar indicating installation progress. After the installation is done, iPhone will restart automatically and you should now have a fully jailbroken iPhone running on firmware 3.1.2.

How to: Unlock iPhone on 3.1.2 Firmware:
    You can now follow the tutorial/guide posted here to unlock your iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G on firmware 3.1.2 using ultrasn0w.

Step 10: Once you are done with the unlocking and jailbreak process. You can now restore all your settings, apps, music, contacts and photos to the newly installed firmware version 3.1.2 by restoring the backup that you made in Step 2 from iTunes.

Feel free to ask me any question here should you run into any problem during the update process.

Disclaimer: This guide is for testing & educational purposes only. Follow it on your own risk. I’m not responsible for any loss of important data or malfunctioning of your iPhone.

__________________________________________________ ______________

UNLOCKING

The following step-by-step tutorial/guide will help you unlock your iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS with the latest iPhone 3.1.2 firmware using ultrasn0w. This unlocking guide applies to iPhone 3G and 3GS only. iPhone 2G users can simply follow the guide I posted here to jailbreak and unlock with firmware 3.1.2.

Note: This unlocking guide will work for you only if your Modem Firmware (Baseband) version is 04.26.08. If you have upgraded directly to iPhone 3.1.2 stock firmware from iTunes then you are pretty much out of luck for now.

Step 1: Download and install the latest version of iTunes if you haven’t already.

How to: Jailbreak iPhone on 3.1.2:
    Step 2: Follow the guide here to jailbreak your iPhone 3G or 3GS using PwnageTool on firmware 3.1.2.

Step 3: Once you are done with the jailbreak, you can now unlock your iPhone running jailbroken firmware 3.1.2 by using ultrasn0w 0.9. To do this:

Note: T-Mobile users should disable 3G before installing ultrasn0w.

*Start “Cydia” on your iPhone.
    *Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom.
    *Now touch on “Sources”.

Touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com” and touch on “Add Source”.

Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.

After installation is completed. Search for “ultrasn0w” in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.

Step 4: Now simply restart your iPhone. Voila! You are now running a fully unlocked and jailbroken iPhone firmware 3.1.2 on your iPhone 3G or 3GS.

Feel free to ask me any questions here should you run into any problems when unlocking your iPhone.

ENJOY!

-SCREAMANKIT.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

DOWNGRADE YOUR BASEBAND FROM 05.11.07 TO 04.26.08

NOTE: Downgrading the baseband method explained below will only work on iphones that have the 05.08 (5.8) Bootloader installed from the factory as FUZZYBAND does not support 5.9 and higher as of now. (5.9) and above please dont try this as you will only be able to jailbreak but wont be able to unlock if required.

SCREAMANKIT-

I have received complaints in comments here regarding problems when unlocking iPhone running firmware 3.1.2 with ultrasn0w. iPhone users who have upgraded to 3.1.2 stock from iTunes will get this problem because of the 05.11.07 baseband, which makes it impossible to unlock it with ultrasn0w. The current version of ultrasn0w can only unlock iPhone on firmware 3.1.2 with older baseband version i.e. 04.26.08. Fortunately, there is a way to downgrade your baseband to 04.26.08 on your iPhone 3G so that you can unlock it with ultrasn0w on firmware 3.1.2 Here’s how you do it:

Step 1: To downgrade your baseband from 05.11.07 to 04.26.08, you must first jailbreak your iPhone running firmware 3.1.2 by following the step-by-step guide posted above.

Step 2: After you have jailbroken your iPhone, Go to “Cydia” on your iPhone and Search for “Fuzzyband” and then install this application.

Step 3: Start “Fuzzyband” app and touch on “Downgrade” button to downgrade your Baseband from 05.11.07 to 04.26.08.

Step 4: You should now be able to perfectly unlock your iPhone using the latest version of ultrasn0w by following the step-by-step guide posted here.

NOTE: Downgrading of baseband will only work on phones that have the 05.08 (5.8) Bootloader from the factory. If you do not know your bootloader then you can run Fuzzyband and it will report the version number for you.

Feel free to ask me any questions here should you run into any problems when downgrading baseband on your iPhone.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Fix 16xx and 21 Error during iPhone 3.1 Restore in iTunes

When trying to restore your iPhone or iPod touch in iTunes with iPhone 3.1 firmware, you may see the following message followed by an error code 1601, 1602, 16xx or 21:

"The iPhone "[your iPhone]" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred."

To get around this problem, iH8Sn0w has released a handy little tool called iREB (iTunes Restore Error Bypasser) for both Windows and Macs which can help bring your iPhone back to life. The latest version of this program supports iPhone 3.1 firmware running on the original iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 1G.

Step 1: Start iTunes and put your phone into DFU mode:

Press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time. After exactly 10 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. At this point your iPhone/iPod touch screen will remain black.

Step 2: Now close iTunes and Start iREB on Windows or Mac.

Step 3: Simply select your device and wait for a few seconds until you get white or a red screen on your iPhone.

Step 4: Now open iTunes and click on your phone from the sidebar in iTunes.

Now press and hold left “alt” button (“Shift” button on Windows) on the keyboard and then click on “Restore” (Not “Update”) button in the iTunes and then release the “Shift” button. Select a custom .ipsw file and restore it. Hopefully you wont get any errors this time around!

One thing to note here is that iREB is not for jailbreaking. It is only used for restoring to custom .ipsw firmware files via iTunes without any errors.

iREB DOWNLOAD- GOOGLE iREB AND UNDER THE THIRD OPTION FROM THE SEARCH LIST WHICH IS HINT- xSELLIZE SELECT THE FIRST OPTION THAT IS iREB 3.1.2: Available for Download‎ - 18 Oct 2009 FROM HERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE.

__________________________________________________ _________

CARRIER LOGO FIXER FOR ALL iPHONE 3.1.2 JAILBREAKERS (THE REAL DEAL UNLIKE THE MAKE IT MINE APP COSMETIC CHANGE)

A proper app for fixing the missing carrier logo problem in jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 3G/3GS running 3.1.2+ firmware has been released in BigBoss & Planet-iPhones repository on Cydia.

For firmware 3.1+, will display your carrier logo if it’s not shown, will not work properly if you are using an unknown carrier.

In order to install this app, go to “Cydia” on your unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 3.1.2, search for “Carrier Logo Fixer” app and install this app. Make sure that you have “BigBoss & Planet-iPhones” repository added in Cydia before you make your search for this app.

Once you have installed the app, restart your SpringBoard.

Voila! You should now have your carrier logo back in place on a jailbroken and unlock iPhone 3G/3GS running on firmware 3.1.2.

NOTE: This app may not work properly for you if your carrier is unknown or is on an unsupported list for this app.

-SCREAMANKIT.

Regards,
    SCREAMANKIT.
    Hi
    I have a problem, i have 3G jb and unlocked , my main problem is when i put my T-mobile sim card . I receive this message " Different SIM detected please connect to iTune". when i connected to Itune, it doesn't support my SIm card.... my firmware 3.1.2 and baseband 04.26.08...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great guide as always! Just one thing...

I have a unlocked 3g on 3.0 using redsnow on 04.26.08. My wifi doesn't work so I used a .bat file to unlock it. If I upgrade to 3.1.2 using the latest version on redsnow will I still be able to use the same .bat file to unlock as the basband will not be changed? Or is there a new .bat file somwhere?

Thanks in advance, Gaz

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast