Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: bizarre app icon happenings... help!

Default bizarre app icon happenings... help!
    I have a 3GS which I received with firmware 3.0 from the factory. I recently jailbroke the phone with redsn0w but am having trouble with my app icons.

I have Cydia and Icy installed and I used to swap out the file. I downloaded ********** and have been successful in downloading and installing apps from **********.

The problem is some of my app icons have disappeared on me after installing apps with **********. The first time this happened the app I was trying to install did not show up on the phone after the install process. I went back into ********** and selected the downloaded and installed again but still no app icon appeared. I reset the phone and the app icon appeared but all of my other apps which I had previously installed through iTunes/AppStore and all the apps I had installed with ********** no longer had icons, they were greyed out. Apps which were installed through Cydia were unaffected. I tried installing another app through ********** and after closing ********** to see if the app was available I found all those greyed out app icons had disappeared. What the hell? Right, so now I connected the iPhone to iTunes and reinstalled all the apps that I lost without issue. I then proceeded to install the apps I had previously downloaded with **********. All but one installed without issue. That one app, once again, did not have an icon. So I restarted the phone and again I found apps with greyed out icons. Some of the apps which had previously greyed out/disappeared were not affected this time but everything that was installed through iTunes/AppStore is now grey. I have reset the phone a number of times but the icons have not disappeared, just greyed out, and the apps still work. Again, what the hell?

Is something conflicting? Is it because I used? Should I manually does that have nothing to do with it?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-10-09 at 08:32 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi,
    You can tell form the auto censoring that what you have posted is not allowed here on the forum, in fact I have edited some more. Your issue is the use of cracked/pirated/stolen apps.
    The use of 'cracked apps' or 'warez', referring to commercial applications available on the iTunes Application Store that have been modified and distributed by third parties for free, is frowned upon by the community; developers value your support! Nuff said.