Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsnow jailbreak voicemail prob

Default Redsnow jailbreak voicemail prob
    JB my 3gs w redsnow all went well. installed ultrasnow w no prob. after switching sim card I cannot connect to voicemail.

I tried to reset pw and i uninstalled ultra but still no voicemail. Any clue what to do??

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same problem.Check your inbox.

thanks for the info but surely there is a way to do it for free.

Plus I added mms previous to jailbreaking by using an updated carrier setting package that also included tethering and I'd like to not lose that

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheesesteaks View Post
    thanks for the info but surely there is a way to do it for free.

Plus I added mms previous to jailbreaking by using an updated carrier setting package that also included tethering and I'd like to not lose that
    Do what for free?? The link I sent you doesnt charge you for anything. As far as tethering.....I didnt loose my ability to tether using the FW that I had to use to finally get my VVM back on.

My bad, I somehow got a link to an unlocking service...I will try to re-do with the info you sent. Thanks

can you post the solution here? I'm having the same problem.

edit: NM found solution in this thread: http://modmyi.com/forums/t/683990-visual-voicemail.html

Basically you have to go into Settings->General->Network->Cellular Data Network and change the visual voice mail APN to acds.voicemail . The other thread added an extra step, but this worked fine for me. The solution is in bondkt's post on the 2nd page.
    Last edited by rynny; 2009-10-11 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mahgninnuc93 View Post
    I had the same problem.Check your inbox.
    I am having the visual voicemail problem as well. It looks like you were able to help someone else on this forum. Can you please provide some insight for me? Thanks!