Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I re-jailbreak my 3GS (JB 3.0.1) again to fix some problem?

Cool Can I re-jailbreak my 3GS (JB 3.0.1) again to fix some problem?
    Currently I have problem with my Midomi,cant seem to view the video from youtube after searching for the song.

Can I re-jailbreak the phone again. I mean just run Redsnow 0.8 again on my jail broken 3GS 3.0.1. will it fix the prob??

NO! Apple is not signing 3.00 or 3.01 firmware for the 3GS.

The only exemption is if you have your Keys hashed at Cydia on their server, the window was only narrow

The 3GS iPhone needs any firmware to be signed. Hence why custom firmware won't work on the 3GS.

I have a feeling that jailbreak will only be possible on 3GS with 3.1 as there is no way to sign a custom 3.1 upgrade for a 3GS with the old baseband.

That is why there is still no 3.1 jailbreak for the 3GS. It's going to be a full apple 3.1 with new baseband or stay on 3.00 / 3.0. Until the signing algo can be broken - if ever!

you could re-jailbreak it, but thats only if you messed up cydia. It wouldn't fix midomi, you would need to restore for that. I would try uninstalling the app, restarting, reinstalling, and rebooting again. if that still doesn't work, you maybe SOL unless you saved your ECID files.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Would re-jailbreaking askme to activate again? That's what I'm trying to accomplish so I can insert an AT&T sim in to fix push notifications on my T-Mobile network.