Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1 official OS jailbreak?? comments?

Default 3.1 official OS jailbreak?? comments?
    i've been watching and waiting... my phone came stock with with 3.1.... i exchanged it twice all ready at all different att's around the area trying to get my hands on one with 3.0.1... but apparently 3gs was preety popular in my area so all the stock stores have seem to be fairly new and factory 3.1.... i just want to clarify for my self that there is a JB in the works for stock apple firmware 3.1 correct? a JB at minimal... as far as unlocking it is not as important as i've been an att customer for years and don;t mind them as my carrier.... on a side note for the more technically knowedgable... assuming 3.1 is jail broken it will have all the same abilitys as any past JB?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    3.1 jailbreak for 3G is out, jailbreak for 3.1 3gS is not out, yet... soon my friend, soon. your phone will work the same as before plus all the cool extras i doubt they would release a JB that would give you less.

then if i have 3gs 3.1 i cannt unlock it, okay what can i do with it downgrade?! how do i know if i have on file with cydia?! can i download cydia in my phone to check if im on file???

then if i have 3gs 3.1 i cannt jb yet? okay can i downgrade it how do i know im on file with cydia can i download cydia on my phone and its not jb? what can i do with it???
    Last edited by wildbeast; 2009-09-28 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you can only downgrade it if it were jailbroken before and your ecid got stored by saurik on the cydia servers... if it didnt get stored, no downgrading for us either

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You can't unlock it. The devs are concentrating on the Jailbreak. There may never be an unlock, but who knows...we may get lucky

How did you get replacements from AT&T? If I try to get a replacement they tell me to send it to Apple.

if I can get the link JB 3.1? there who can help me ?????

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

well there is NO jailbreak for the 3G[S] on 3.1 yet
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sparky View Post
    well there is NO jailbreak for the 3G[S] on 3.1 yet
    thx for share masta

Thanks

Let's put it this way...
    If there was a 3.1 jailbreak out, you wouldn't have to ask because it will be plastered all over the front page of this site....

So just wait, and watch......
    There's no need to create 8,000 new threads every day asking if it's out yet.

Default replacments
    my friend runs an att store... thats how i was able to replace it a few times.... i'm just anxious to get my phone jailbroken is all... going from a JB iphone to one that isn;t JB.... its kinda like buying a game console with no games... you're ready to play but can't... if I really wanted to I'd switch to the 16gb black 3gs cuz I know for sure they are 3.0.1 and then do a case swap for white... but in the past i've had a couple mishaps when doing case swaps that caused some very expensive bricks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    for 3g S there is no jb ..yet, no you cannot downgrade to 3.0 because apple has a new software verification system in place to only allow you to upgrade. if you do not know whether or not cydia has your 3.0 on file or not then it probably does not. if you did not upload your 3.0 shsh blob in time then it definately will not have it. you can always check but likely odds are it aint there. just be patient and wait until jb 3.1 comes out. as for unlocking with 3.1 im sure in time it will happen but so far it is unknown. there are ways around the verification process however if you have NO clue what you are doing then dont bother attempting even though the instructions are in plain english.

while waiting for the JB 3.1 iphone finally share the link that I bought from the U.S. I can not use in Indonesia