Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updating Jailbroken Phone

Default Updating Jailbroken Phone
    I apologize in advance, but I'm a newb when it comes to jailbreaking etc. I've tried to do some searches, but have found a whole lot.

I jailbroke my iPhone 3gs a few weeks ago and saw that AT&T will be enabling MMS on the 25th. A few questions:

How is the best way I should go about upgrading to get this?
    Will I lose all of my jailbreak apps and I will have to re-jailbreak and start over?

Thanks for any help

Thanks

Don't update.
    If you do, yes you will lose your JB apps and your JB.
    If you update, you will not be able to JB again.

MMS will be released via ipcc so no update needed.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I was going to restore my 3gs because I thought you had to download MMS. So I can stay jailbroken and still get MMS?

Thanks

Read what angiepangie just said..... jeez

Just wanted clarification. No need to be a jerk about it.

Thanks

I'm not being a jerk, I can read.

Congratulations

I don't see anything enabled yet. Is there anything I need to do to initiate the update? I went onto iTunes and it said there was a newer version (3.1) available, but I said to ignore. I imagine it says that because I my phone is jailbroken using the old 3.0 version right?

Update:
    Did a search and found out how in case anyone is looking. The update in iTunes didn't come up for me because I am running 3.0 firmware. How is everyone else using jailbroken phones upgrading through iTunes? Is there now a way to jailbreak while keeping the 3.1 version? Thanks

[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=792894]HOW TO: Install Official MMS on Jailbroken iPhone 3G/3GS (3.0-3.0.1) - Mac Forums[/ame]
    Last edited by secure1347; 2009-09-26 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost