Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading to 3.0! and Jailbreak

Smile Downgrading to 3.0! and Jailbreak
    I had a strange idea that maybe I could downgrade to 3.0 after installing 3.1 on my iphone. I did the shift-restore thing and loaded up the 3.0 firmware. It installed and then Itunes said that it could not restore from backup and needed to be setup as a new phone. I did this and then got to my surprise a message saying that a 3.1 update was available. Hell no I thought and realized I was happily back on 3.0 and with a little redsnow magic I am back living the jailbroken life. Maybe I a missed this along the way but I am quite happy. BTW I am on a 2g iphone using windows. Hopefully this helps some other fools who upgraded to 3.1 without reading what I should have...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trbulls For This Useful Post:

Nikez87 (2009-09-26)

if you upgraded via itunes there is no way to change your baseband from 3.1 back to 3.0

at least that is what i thought

Quote Originally Posted by trbulls View Post
    I had a strange idea that maybe I could downgrade to 3.0 after installing 3.1 on my iphone. I did the shift-restore thing and loaded up the 3.0 firmware. It installed and then Itunes said that it could not restore from backup and needed to be setup as a new phone. I did this and then got to my surprise a message saying that a 3.1 update was available. Hell no I thought and realized I was happily back on 3.0 and with a little redsnow magic I am back living the jailbroken life. Maybe I a missed this along the way but I am quite happy. BTW I am on a 2g iphone using windows. Hopefully this helps some other fools who upgraded to 3.1 without reading what I should have...
    i saw that u could downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 firmware. Can u say how u did? So that i may also do so???

Quote Originally Posted by supasekziaznboi View Post
    if you upgraded via itunes there is no way to change your baseband from 3.1 back to 3.0

at least that is what i thought
    I upgraded through Itunes and it worked for me and I am back on 3.0

my iPhone is already upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1 but,when i use the firmware of 3.0 instead 3.1 and i restore it asks to upgrade the software and it automatically it downloads the IPSW file for 3.1 and restores.
    Can u say me the procedure how u downgraded ur version???

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

you can do a shift+restore in iTunes and point it at the 3.0 .ipsw, but as he stated above you may not be able to change the baseband.

Then there is no way to Jailbreak my iPhone 2G???

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

yes, it can be done as long as your not on 3.1 firmware.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

pugssuriya (2009-09-25)

Ya finally it worked for me.
    When i restored the firmware to 3.0 by choosing the respective IPSW file (iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore) by holding the SHIFT key+ clicking the RESTORE option in DFU mode.
    After when i tried to Jailbreak it by using redsn0w-win_0.7.2 it worked for me.

Banned
    Thanks

Thanks to trbuls!

I was able to downgrade my OS 3.1 and Firmware and unlock my iPhone that I thought would be stuck n 3.1 until the official unlock was announced. I swear this forum is a lifesaver!

what version of itunes did you complete this downgrading pocess with???

Banned
    Thanks

I have iTunes 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceklub View Post
    what version of itunes did you complete this downgrading pocess with???
    it doesn't matters about iTunes it matters with your base OS

I tried this with my iPhone 3G which auto updated itself to 3.1 7C144 and I could not downgrade back to 3.0 at all if anyone has successfully done this using windows with a 3G please hit me up I want my cydia back!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Or u could also just install cfw for 3.1 and jb 3.1 like I have on my 2G…though to do that it's important to first dg to 3.0 and then jb then restore iPhone in recovery mode to cfw 3.1 (their is a detailed tutorial on it here so I'm not going to go into details)

I have tried it my friend but to no avail as yet but thank you for your input